·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What the hell happened to embedded videos?? Used to do it automatically, now I can't get it to show.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Pretty sure that's Zack and he's a great dude. Harley owner and R6 track bike owner. He runs the Harley in C group usually. That looks like last year at Thunderhill. I believe it was a mechanical failure that caused everything. Since then has a new bike and it's tricked out more than this one was. his website is www.hdkingsracing.com

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
And why "SMH" at Harley's a track days man? It's got two wheels and a rider right? Don't see why it matters. I've seen Harleys and I've even seen guys out on GL1800 Gold Wings. What's the difference?

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And why "SMH" at Harley's a track days man? It's got two wheels and a rider right? Don't see why it matters. I've seen Harleys and I've even seen guys out on GL1800 Gold Wings. What's the difference?
Well then I'd be shaking my head at those guys too! lol It's just not really the type of bike you would/should bring to a track. I'm surprised you'd even ask that lol I too have seen people bring other non-sport bikes to track days (although never a Harley), and although it's fine, I could tell they weren't having as much fun as they would've on sport bikes. A friend of mine started out track days on a Diavel, then shortly after he showed up with an SV650. I suppose it's fine if you just have that one bike and you want to try out the track, but the guy in the video you can tell that's not his first track day, and he knows what he's doing. Leave the Harley home :wink

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's what I did too. It's not working for some reason. It used to be automatic, whether you used that button or not.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used to take my xr1200 to track days. but since I'm novice I found it hard to learn on a 600lbs bike. so I bought zx6r.
IMO one has to be a real advanced rider to manage Harley on the track

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,342 Posts
Impressive. Too bad it decided to do harley things

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Well then I'd be shaking my head at those guys too! lol It's just not really the type of bike you would/should bring to a track. I'm surprised you'd even ask that lol I too have seen people bring other non-sport bikes to track days (although never a Harley), and although it's fine, I could tell they weren't having as much fun as they would've on sport bikes. A friend of mine started out track days on a Diavel, then shortly after he showed up with an SV650. I suppose it's fine if you just have that one bike and you want to try out the track, but the guy in the video you can tell that's not his first track day, and he knows what he's doing. Leave the Harley home :wink
Surprised I'd ask that? haha... dude I worked for a track day organization. I've seen everything at the track. The track is a place to hone your skills on your bike in a more controled environment. So some bring their SuMo's, some ADV bikes, and this dude brings his HD. (Although he usually does bring his R6 as well). So in the way some "have fun" on a racetrack, others do it on a different bike. :O

You may have seen one of his other rides on some overcrowded road in the Los Angeles area :p

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Surprised I'd ask that? haha... dude I worked for a track day organization. I've seen everything at the track. The track is a place to hone your skills on your bike in a more controled environment. So some bring their SuMo's, some ADV bikes, and this dude brings his HD. (Although he usually does bring his R6 as well). So in the way some "have fun" on a racetrack, others do it on a different bike. :O

You may have seen one of his other rides on some overcrowded road in the Los Angeles area :p
Haven't seen that one, but I saw a different one similar to that a couple of years ago which I'm guessing is the same guy? :O

I just think if you want to ride like that, you're meant for a sport bike or supermoto, not a Harley. Harleys are just not meant to be ridden like that lol Glad that he's at least bringing an R6 to the track to really hone his skills, and this is just more of a "fucking around on" bike.

Reactions: Gawernator

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Haven't seen that one, but I saw a different one similar to that a couple of years ago which I'm guessing is the same guy? :O

I just think if you want to ride like that, you're meant for a sport bike or supermoto, not a Harley. Harleys are just not meant to be ridden like that lol Glad that he's at least bringing an R6 to the track to really hone his skills, and this is just more of a "fucking around on" bike.
What he's showing people is that you can't just shove a Harley into a specific "it's only meant for cruising" corner. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts