Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant figure out how to remove the front fork to remove my broken handle bar.i need helppppppp...
2013 zx6r

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I think you just have to remove the top triple clamp. you might be getting stuck on the small bolts that connect the clip ons (handlebars) to the top triple clamp. They aren't that obvious. (92150 in the following diagram)

Handlebar replacement parts for 2013 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-6R ABS (ZX636-FDF)

If you still don't understand or need more of a step by step, reference the service manual posted on this site.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I think you just have to remove the top triple clamp. you might be getting stuck on the small bolts that connect the clip ons (handlebars) to the top triple clamp. They aren't that obvious. (92150 in the following diagram)

Handlebar replacement parts for 2013 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-6R ABS (ZX636-FDF)

If you still don't understand or need more of a step by step, reference the service manual posted on this site.
I had to cut mine with a dremel, hate those screws.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Our bikes have handlebars?

:)

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Be very careful with that bolt, Its a soft aluminum & the factory used red loctite on mine.
It might be a torx head too....??? But be sure your tool fits just so, or you can easily strip that bugger.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I had to cut mine with a dremel, hate those screws.
I believe it. I guess they're purposely designed to be nimble so they break instead of something else more expensive in the event of a crash but yea, they are a pain in the ass.

I stripped the head clean off of that bolt on my triumph. Luckily there was enough left I was able to twist it out with a vice grip.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Just be sure to use the right tool & that it fits really tight.

hehe & that ^ goes for the bedroom too....LOL

Seriously, If you can get the top yoke off, spray liquid wrench in to it & let it soak a few hours on that loctite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts