Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,068 Posts
I have motion pro grips because they came with my throttle tube. (Recommended if you are looking for a nice relatively cheap mod the adjustable cams are nice)

I don't run bar ends. No real reason just never put them on my new clipons. Never had an issue. I ride like a pansy. I've had head shake with and without. I'd rather just use throttle control to keep it in check.

Ey3

·
Banned
7,068 Posts
OK, I have to ask. I never asked why, nor have I ever looked into putting aftermarket clip-ons on any of my sportbikes. Why run aftermarket clip-ons? Heavier? Change the way your hands/arms/shoulders are placed?
Well... more options for fit. I have the apex adjustable. I am 6'1" and the stock ergos are a bit tight for me. For some reason a few mm here a few mm there and lots of test fitting made it a lot more comfortable.

Changing the angle of the clipons can change control authority quite a bit also.

While we are on the subject. After market rear sets are nice. Again adjustability, but also more traction on the peg. I did not realize how slippery the stock were until i tried woodcraft. Now those will be on any sport bike i buy.

Ey3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.