Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm Tony.
I've been visiting this page for quite a long time, since I've been wanting a pretty zx6r for so long. :D

I was interested in motorbikes from a very young age, but after started earning I spent it on lot of stupid stuff and some good things of course but never kept enough to buy my first bike, until October of 2012.
After a lot of research what should someone buy with zero experience I decided to get a Ninja 250r. Right after I sold my backup car (Viva la Geo Metro) I checked the ads and found a great deal instantly. The next day I drove 30 minutes with an experienced friend to test ride it for me, snatched my pretty, red, all stock 08 250r, for around $6-700 under current time value. Dude needed quick dough for house downpayment.

I loved it from the start even though a 250 was too fast for me first :D Learned the basics of riding, found a group to ride around with, that helped me to learn new skills.
Started outgrowing it after 6 months or so, I had to redline it all the time and do aggressive shifting to get the most "fun" out of it, so I decided to sell it before I break it.
Luckily a beginner, pretty girl bought it who works at a Yamaha dealership, so Im happy that I didn't have to pass my first little love to suffering under some dude's sweaty balls lol :D
She also will receive all the attention and maintenance she needs at the dealership shop :)
I Would've kept her If I had enough money to keep two bikes around just for shits and giggles and didn't need the funds for my ZX-6R hunting.

That followed 3 months of grueling 'bikelesness' saving money as fast as possible for a groundpeon. :D Of ourse something always comes up and delays the process.
Mind is constantly on bikes, craigslist checking 2-8 times almost every day, ebay too cuz why not? Even though I knew I don't have all them papperz yet.
After my little ninja I've grown to like Kawasaki a lot so I always wanted a 09+ ZX6R, but toyed with the idea of other bikes.
Also considered 05-06 636 but I don't like undertail exhaust and the looks are just not as pretty to me as of the 09+'s however pretty close.
Finally I decided I get the bike I really want and just keep saving until I get it.
Finally on October 15th I was able to purchase my beautiful 2009 ZX6R in candy surf blue.
I wanted an all black (not monster) for the whole time but after I saw this one I knew this is it.
I nailed the deal of the year on this practically "new" bike.
Only 1230 miles on it, owned by only 2 adults before me, One a military guy who sold it after like 500 miles and a firefighter who hardly ever had time to ride it due to his rotation and his 5 year old daughter, hence the low miles. garage kept, serviced, spotless paint, with the important aftermarket parts already on, coming with the OEM parts also.
Brought an other friend to test ride it for me since I never rode on a supersport before and couldnt've told if it does what it should lol. :D
Bought it (on first ride scared shitless but also excited) and will be enjoying it as the weather lets me. :)

I know I am being very long here, but hey.. if you got this far, it was worth it :D

Again, hello everyone! :D

(pic is not me but I'll have similar ones soon :)

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
We have the same bikes, even though mine has been dropped by PO... just battle scars and gets me looks. :p

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Ever come west?

·
Registered
382 Posts
:bigthumb:

Nice ride, love the blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts