Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all use for grease when you remove your wheels? Do you all apply grease everytime or no? The service manual says to apply high-temp grease to the grease seal lip for the front wheel. Any specific brands you all use? Anything to look out for when i go purchase some high-temp grease tomorrow at a local auto store?

·
Registered
13,660 Posts
What do you all use for grease when you remove your wheels? Do you all apply grease everytime or no? The service manual says to apply high-temp grease to the grease seal lip for the front wheel. Any specific brands you all use? Anything to look out for when i go purchase some high-temp grease tomorrow at a local auto store?
I typically have a tub of wheel bearing grease in my shop. It's always rated for boat trailers, so I know it is as 'water proof' as I can get it.

Any time I pull an axle, it's greased lightly to prevent it from getting any surface rust while it is hidden from sight. That way I have some confidence the next time I need to remove it there won't be any binding from rust, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Mobil 1 grease every time I pull apart the rear/front wheel/axle.

I like to first wipe the axle and spacers clean. Then I dab on a small amount...don't overdo it or it will just make a mess when it comes off as soon as you slide the axle bolt back on. Just a dab and smear it on the axle. Keeps my bike happy :cool3:

EDIT: Oh..and as far as "What" product/grease to buy...it will be like your "oil" argument every day here. Just buy some grease and you will be fine. Any automotive grease will do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok thanks guys!! I just wasnt sure if there was any specific grease not to use. The service manual specified high-temp grease so i wasn't sure if there was something else I shouldn't use, ya know lol. Ill grab some grease tomorrow at autozone or napa and be good. I appreciate the response's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts