Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
I still need to go check my lotto numbers. If I won, I'll build a track where zX6R.com members are free with the giant billboard with stews bike on it that says "have you met this guy in traffic? Come down to meet him in person!"

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Thanks. Lol.

Weather sucks the past few days so hardly ANY bikers on the roads (hot girls or fat harley pigs).

There are CA specific bikes to meet emissions standards specific to CA.

We have around 7 tracks here in Texas.
1. Eagles Canyon Raceway
2. Circuit of the Americas
3. Texas World Speedway
4. Motor Sports Ranch Houston
5. Motor Sports Ranch Cresson (which has a 1.7 and a 1.3, completely separate tracks, and a 3.1 if you combine the 2, so it's almost 3 tracks in one place!)
6. Grandsport Speedway
7. Harris Hill Road

And between RideSmart, Fastline, Lone Star Track days, Whoopie's Cycles TD's, and the Central Motorcycle Racing Association, you can do a track day or race weekend pretty much every weekend from February the November.
-Cody
Shit, after seeing the fees for a day at COTA I am hard pressed to ask what the rest of your track days usually cost. I guess I'm spoiled out here with paying 120-175 (usually around 160) for a typical track and 275 for a day at Laguna, but I am seeing that COTA is 485 and I be like :eek:

Shit, after seeing the fees for a day at COTA I am hard pressed to ask what the rest of your track days usually cost. I guess I'm spoiled out here with paying 120-175 (usually around 160) for a typical track and 275 for a day at Laguna, but I am seeing that COTA is 485 and I be like :eek:
WTF!? Man I may never go to the track if it's going to cost me several hundred dollars every time. WHy don't I ever like any inexpensive hobbies?

Pretty sure Ridesmart track days are $120

STU, I gotta ask the obvious question, Why did you not just follow her?
@ least till the next light???

Typical fees at any of the tracks other than COTA are 115 - 150. And there are usually specials and discounts you can get to bring it down from there. COTA is definitely a once a year kind of deal, there's no way I could afford to do it on any kind of regular basis.

I think it depends on the type of riding you do. I don't actually dig the attention that much because usually it tends to make the guys showing it seem kinda shallow. I mean, don't get me wrong, I always appreciate a compliment but sometimes people just take their astonishment a little too far and it makes it awkward... at best. But I could easily say the same about some guys who ride: you know like the fad riders or some of the club riders who really only ride because it makes them look like a badass. But I do se a LOT of women around here who ride and are obviously mostly into how much attention it gives them. I never really associate with them because... well I don't ride for the same reasons so while they are at major social outings I am on a canyon, a track, or a back road somewhere riding my bike.

It's all in the approach though. Like in STU's case it would make sense to me that a guy would be interested in wanting to ride with me if we both crossed paths on our bikes. Having a chick (or boyfriend) that you can share that major common interest with is still rare these days and yet so extremely important given the nature of motorcycling (someone who appreciates it, understands the risks, and isn't going to try and dictate your life).

As much as it sucks, I have accepted that a relationship with someone who doesn't at least ride, would be essentially impossible for me to be in since my life revolves around bikes and I don't want someone to have to work his life around accommodating mine. It sounds selfish, I know. But that is simply who I am and I don't see myself ever NOT being a motorcyclist.

The amount of guys who ride for the same reasons that I do, and aren't in some way insecure or egotistical or threatened by my independence is extremely rare though. So it's kind of a curse for me to be this in love with a pursuit that tends to bring out the most competitive aspects of a person's character. Add to it the fact that I am a philosopher and well... yeah...

STU:

To the girl on the Kawasaki at the stoplight (include details if you want):

If you're reading this, you should probably be out riding. But I'm not really one to talk since I'm sitting here typing this instead of out riding my bike. And so... *cue the violins* here our eyes meet again at the intersection of my words... words extended to you in an invitation: hayyyy gurl.... haaayyy - wanna go for a ride? :naughty::laugh
My girlfriend feels the exact same way, she doesn't like the attention she gets either. Alot of people are like

"Ohh your a girl who rides a motorcycle?! That's crazy/awesome!"

and she is

"Uh, I'm not the first female to ride a motorcycle dumbass." then walks away shaking her head.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.