Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts
God I've missed this forum.
yeah where u been bro?

EDIT: STU, it seems as though i just MAY need to ride to your area more often now... lol

EDIT2: ready to talk track days?

EDIT3: MoM, im interested just to see what kind of things you would say lol

EDIT4: STU, sure it wasnt one of THOSE types of girls (with a lil extra "in between" while on the scene)? :dowhat

Reactions: Crashz28 and STU
Discussion starter · #22 ·
yeah where u been bro?

EDIT: STU, it seems as though i just MAY need to ride to your area more often now... lol

EDIT2: ready to talk track days?

EDIT3: MoM, im interested just to see what kind of things you would say lol

EDIT4: STU, sure it wasnt one of THOSE types of girls (with a lil extra "in between" while on the scene)? :dowhat
Hey man. Been dealing with some stuff, almost through it though. We all need to meet up again soon. Maybe at my new crib in Arlington (hint hint).

Discussion starter · #23 ·
The suspense... it kills me.

Edit: Also - STU can I write your Craigslist ad? I promise not to make it one of my profoundly long and tiresome internet-novellas. :devious
Tell you what... write up a draft in this thread, this should be good. :eatcorn

Reactions: Knotty Boy
Somewhat related incident...
I was waiting in the clinic yesterday when this hot blonde walked in, probably to get her reports. I took the cage as I was feeling pretty sick. She was carrying an Icon lid and was dressed in a leather jacket, jeans and leather boots (drool... not over the Icon, mind you). I began talking to her and asked to see her ride. She was on a Ducati Monster 696. We chatted for a few minutes and exchanged numbers so we could go on a ride sometime.

A slightly ill badger leaves clinic with a big grin on his face.

Edit: This never happens where I live. That too, a blonde on an Italian bike who's been into motorcycles for a while...

Somewhat related incident...
I was waiting in the clinic yesterday when this hot blonde walked in, probably to get her reports. I took the cage as I was feeling pretty sick. She was carrying an Icon lid and was dressed in a leather jacket, jeans and leather boots (drool... not over the Icon, mind you). I began talking to her and asked to see her ride. She was on a Ducati Monster 696. We chatted for a few minutes and exchanged numbers so we could go on a ride sometime.

A slightly ill badger leaves clinic with a big grin on his face.

Edit: This never happens where I live. That too, a blonde on an Italian bike who's been into motorcycles for a while...
So uh... why was SHE at the clinic?

LMFAO

Shit... is this what I have to look forward to, re entering the dating scene? Pickin up dudes at the stoplight and the clinic? :D

I was hoping at WORST to resort to the grocery store... :p

So uh... why was SHE at the clinic?

LMFAO

Shit... is this what I have to look forward to, re entering the dating scene? Pickin up dudes at the stoplight and the clinic? :D

I was hoping at WORST to resort to the grocery store... :p
I have no idea, but I think she was there to pick up some reports. A bit rude to ask her, don't you think?
And no, I was genuinely happy to see another sportbike rider. It is a happy bonus that she is hot as well!

Reactions: Knotty Boy
Then again it's not like I have any REAL game to begin with. I met my last boyfriend on a motorcycle forum. :p
Exactly. The people I hang out with (who are not into bikes) never get it. They think it is something to go fast in a straight line and pick up girls at bars...

I told my buddies that I was getting ready to do my track day, and their entire response was, 'well, don't kill yourself'. I could use more people that 'get' what it means.

I noticed that most girl riders loves to ride because one of the perks is all the guy riders will give them tons of attention. Not many girls ride so the odds is in their favor. All the girl riders I've met are like this, including my girlfriend. Then again, people love attention, nothing new.

I noticed that most girl riders loves to ride because one of the perks is all the guy riders will give them tons of attention. Not many girls ride so the odds is in their favor. All the girl riders I've met are like this, including my girlfriend. Then again, people love attention, nothing new.
This is not my experience at all. I never get any attention, well I don't think so, but maybe I don't notice because I'm not looking for it:dunno

My fat ego wouldn't mind a bit now and then though :laugh

My sense of humor fails me again.

Drats!

I was totally making a joke.
You're just way too subtle, MoM! I'm a bit of a thickie and need to be told 'lol, jk...' or something like that.

You girls and your evasive senses of humor...

Reactions: MistressOfMayhem
I want one of the gopro girls

Discussion starter · #38 ·
hey we have a Grande Prairie up her too lol
Yeah but as with most Canadian cities they add an E on the end of everything.

I think it depends on the type of riding you do. I don't actually dig the attention that much because usually it tends to make the guys showing it seem kinda shallow. I mean, don't get me wrong, I always appreciate a compliment but sometimes people just take their astonishment a little too far and it makes it awkward... at best. But I could easily say the same about some guys who ride: you know like the fad riders or some of the club riders who really only ride because it makes them look like a badass. But I do se a LOT of women around here who ride and are obviously mostly into how much attention it gives them. I never really associate with them because... well I don't ride for the same reasons so while they are at major social outings I am on a canyon, a track, or a back road somewhere riding my bike.

It's all in the approach though. Like in STU's case it would make sense to me that a guy would be interested in wanting to ride with me if we both crossed paths on our bikes. Having a chick (or boyfriend) that you can share that major common interest with is still rare these days and yet so extremely important given the nature of motorcycling (someone who appreciates it, understands the risks, and isn't going to try and dictate your life).

As much as it sucks, I have accepted that a relationship with someone who doesn't at least ride, would be essentially impossible for me to be in since my life revolves around bikes and I don't want someone to have to work his life around accommodating mine. It sounds selfish, I know. But that is simply who I am and I don't see myself ever NOT being a motorcyclist.

The amount of guys who ride for the same reasons that I do, and aren't in some way insecure or egotistical or threatened by my independence is extremely rare though. So it's kind of a curse for me to be this in love with a pursuit that tends to bring out the most competitive aspects of a person's character. Add to it the fact that I am a philosopher and well... yeah...

STU:

To the girl on the Kawasaki at the stoplight (include details if you want):

If you're reading this, you should probably be out riding. But I'm not really one to talk since I'm sitting here typing this instead of out riding my bike. And so... *cue the violins* here our eyes meet again at the intersection of my words... words extended to you in an invitation: hayyyy gurl.... haaayyy - wanna go for a ride? :naughty::laugh

I'd like to think we ride for the same reasons, MoM.
(nudge... nudge, wink... wink! Say no more!)

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.