Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm still looking for a GOOD gps tracker for motorcycles. Let us know if that one works good for you.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Been using this one about 2 years now, been discontinued but if you could find a used one, hardwired into 12v switched, works well service is inexpensive, keep it right on top of the instrument cluster...

Edit: Uses Cell and GPS to get location if one or the other is not available.

Garmin

·
Registered
780 Posts
Anyone have some exiprience with a GPS tracking device?
If so what makes or brands?

I was looking at an ebay one but don't know how well they work.

Anyone try these?

Mini GPS GSM GPRS Tracking SMS Real Time Vehicle Motorcycle Monitor Tracker USA | eBay
What are you thinking of tracking and what kind of use do you have for the information?

I've found that my iPhone does just about everything I need from a GPS system. Provides guidance, tracks location, calculates averages speeds, elevation gains, tie in photos to geograhic location, etc.... The only thing it can't do is provide updates to some of the tracking services like Spotwalla if you want people to be able to follow your routes. If you want coverage outside of cell towers you need a SPOT tracker that sends locational info via satellite or something similar.

If you want to use an iPhone as a lap timer you can buy an app (there are several) that will give you lap times, split times, speeds, lean angles, g forces (lateral and acceleration), and so on.

Don't know if that helps, but I get everything i need from an iPhone, and have a SPOT tracker for when I take long range trips.

·
Registered
955 Posts
LoJack?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Digging up the dead?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts