Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, woke up today and had a box from UPS and when I opened it I was so impressed I figured I make a quick post. So I bought a used GPR 4 steering stabilizer a few months ago for my race bike which is a 04 ZX636 6R....I know shes an oldie but it only has 1800 miles on it. Anyways after my last race weekend the GPR stopped working, had no resistance, so I boxed it up and sent it to GPR for there $25 service. I shipped it last Monday and even with labor day this week I received a package from GPR today, Wednesday. So im excited to have a working stabilizer again and rip open the box and wham im shocked. In the box is a brand new GPR 4 stabilizer, blue in color when my old one was black!!!! Im floored so I call GPR and they told me that my old one was not repairable so they just sent me a brand new one. I didn't care what color it was cause its on my race bike...just thought id share my great experience with a great company!! Thanks GPR

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
That is really cool. I am looking at getting a GPR for my bike after a couple of years of using the Scotts. I wound up taking it off because I didn't like the way it mounted (no space for the wings on the key to fully turn through the ignition modes.

I appreciate you posting this as it gives me somewhat of an idea of what to expect with regards to the actual product. I had heard some mixed reviews on them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your welcome, its the only time I have dealt with them but it was such a great experience that they now have a customer for life. The steering stabilizer is great quality and works very well and my experience with there service was great!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I was looking into getting a GPR unit because it is the lowest priced unit available through my preferred retailer (sportbiketrackgear) and hearing this about their customer service pretty much settles it for me. That being said it won't be the very next mod I get.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wish they were so easy to get ahold of when i was trying. I had a chance to buy a GPR for really cheap from my buddies CBR600RR and from a look at their site some will interchange with buying the new mounts and some wont. I tried calling all day and no answer. Send them an email and its been like 2 months and no reply yet. I decided not to get the used GPR unit nor buy a new one since it was so hard to contact them. Got a shiny new Scotts Performance now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought my bike a few weeks ago and it already had a GP4 on there. This is the first bike I've had with this stabilizer but I must admit I am liking it. What setting are you guys using for normal city riding?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just bought my bike a few weeks ago and it already had a GP4 on there. This is the first bike I've had with this stabilizer but I must admit I am liking it. What setting are you guys using for normal city riding?
I use 9 or 10. Depends on how I feel that day.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Definitely gonna keep this in mind, thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts