Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who like gp style shifting. 1 up and 5 down, instead of the standard1 down and 5 up. i have it, been shifting that way for a year now. i dont think i can ever go back to regular shifting. all shifts seem to be so much more positive, and i can now comfortably up shift in left turns.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Never tried it but thought about converting it loads of times. Just one of those things i've never got round to actually doing.
How easy was it to do? I like to shift up mid-corner too so might give it a go....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shift

if you have an 05,or 06 it is real easy. i dont know about any differant years though. you just flip the linkage piece on the tranny 180 degree, and shim the shifter with some washers so that is dosent rub the frame. then you are done. i think i used 5 washers. the bold was plenty long enough

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I probably wouldn't mind it, but it would be virtually impossible to convert half my bikes and I like all my bikes to shift the same:)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't think i'd do it unless I did alot of trackdays. Just riding around town and hittin the local twisties I dont see a need for it:0

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i converted all my bikes to GP shifting. i love it. upshifting is a breeze, and sooo much quicker IMHO, also when you're in a corner and upshift its easier since you don't have to move your toe under...which can be hard if you're really leaned over.

-:banana

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love GP shift on my bike. So much more natural to me and the shifts are much smoother. Very easy to convert to with the stock rearsets as already explained by helo-pilot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts