Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Sick Innovations cage a few weeks ago. I havent had a chance to get it to my friends house since I dont have a license. I got a bit impatient and rode it to my buddys house anyway yesterday. We spent all day puttin this cage on, lets just say it isnt as easy as it seems! As it turns out though, it was all time well spent lol.
My friend and I decided to do a New Years midnight rev-limiter burnout in his driveway. That was quite fun and noisy, take THAT dumb ******** shootin off guns! Well, I have been getting comfortable with drifting my bike recently and I was gettin loose in his driveway, doin some fun stuff. That is about the coolest feeling laying your bike down low and spinnin tire just keepin it up. I just got done usin the brake to whip a 180 and go back down the driveway. I dumped the clutch, went smokin tire, kickin it out down the way. The driveway was a little damp and i applied too much front brake at I'd say 10-15mph, and she low sided right out on me! The bike slid like 20 feet down the driveway in to the grass, I slid a few feet and jumped up. I was all sorts of amped up about it and still am, that was about the funnest thing ive done in a while LOL!! I jumped up, let out a "WOOOOOO!!!!" and went over to my bike, picked it up, beeped the horn, and brought it back out into the driveway and did some more! The great part about all this is that NOTHING on the bike was damaged, this cage is bulletproof. It has some scratches and some dirt from slidin off the driveway, but that is exactly what its there for! I cant wait to get my license back and get to the lots to learn some slow whoolies and whatnot. Oh yea, here are some pics!

This is the side that is still intact :thumbup

See? Nothin but a few scratches and a story to tell!

·
Registered
956 Posts
cool! you can do stunts and if you f up you can just pick her back up and do it again!

Be safe and hope you get your lic back soon!

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
what happened to teh liscense?

did you have an underlying desire to see how the cage would work :laugh

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
what about the scuffs on the black??? when do you get your ticket back??

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get my license back at the end of January. So I dont have too much longer to wait. And I figure thats about the best way to make sure the thing works, crash it! I certainly didnt try it, but I dont really regret it lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts