Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
My first set still looks pretty decent after 2 years. I also went with black/black. The lever itself isn't faded at all, but the inner mounting part has. Slightly purple now.

FWIW, anything anodized will fade eventually. Just look at the guys who have purple $200 ASV levers after a few months.

I picked up a new pair since I'm switching master cylinders again. $30 and arrived in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
What's the deal with the brakes locking up with these levers? I'm tempted to snag some but I really don't want my brakes locking up lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
What's the deal with the brakes locking up with these levers? I'm tempted to snag some but I really don't want my brakes locking up lol
Incorrect installations. The master cylinder pin has to fit inside a small hole on a rotating joint inside the brake lever. If installed with the pin out of alignment, it will appear to fit correctly but will drag on the brakes, eventually locking them up when enough heat builds up.

Seen it happen with Pazzos and CRGs before too. Seems somewhat more common with China levers due to the occasional tighter fitting pin. Just have to make sure that it's straight and lined up.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Incorrect installations. The master cylinder pin has to fit inside a small hole on a rotating joint inside the brake lever. If installed with the pin out of alignment, it will appear to fit correctly but will drag on the brakes, eventually locking them up when enough heat builds up.

Seen it happen with Pazzos and CRGs before too. Seems somewhat more common with China levers due to the occasional tighter fitting pin. Just have to make sure that it's straight and lined up.
Yeah that's mostly foreign language to me haha is there a write up on how to install levers around here that you know of?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Go to their website and order ones for the 98 zx6r.... I think they sell them

301 - 316 of 316 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.