Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice wheelies, the weather was great today it was in the 60's in nyc and now it's raining. :unhappy:
Same here bro. Luckily we got back into town just as it started pouring. But you know whats fun about the rain? Dumpin the clutch at about 25 mph and spinnin tire and kickin it sideways. And trying not to highside lol

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Awesome pictures Lowery! You've sure got those wheelies down pat.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
the wheelies are lookin good mate.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend was standing alongside the road filming me and some friends. I took these stills out of the footage. Crazy part is how clear they came out because I was just using my digital camera! Thanks for all the props guys!:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If only :unhappy: I can clutch it up but i cant keep it up i dont know wat im doing wrong

·
Registered
82 Posts
Grea8 skill mate..:hail
Sorry to hijack, but I've seen this grea8 used a lot recently. I am wrong, isn't it just gr8?
Also, do you find it easier to stand up on the pass pegs, some of my friends say it is, but I think its just awkward!
And, where does everyone get these crazy smilies from? and not the ones on the side, obviously. The ones of like, the smilie hugging to ninja logo and such?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I usually do staggered wheelies which is 1 foot on the left passenger peg, and the other foot on the regular peg covering the rear brake in case I would bring it back too far. Staggered is also much easier on the arms. Ive done wheelies with both feet on the rear pegs, and it is a little scary. The balance point for those is basically the bike completely vertical. And unless you have a handbrake, just a little too much throttle will flip you right back. Id recommend learning sit-down wheelies and getting the feel for the balance point that way before attempting stand-ups. Just my 2 cents.

And the way to get more smilies is click "go advanced" and click "more" on the smilies window thing.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The first time I did a stand up wheelie was on an FZR600.. that was some scary shit. I almost flipped over countless times but never did.. You know... when you let off the gas and the bike is wandering side to side as you panic for the rear break to bring you back down...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but I've seen this grea8 used a lot recently. I am wrong, isn't it just gr8?
Also, do you find it easier to stand up on the pass pegs, some of my friends say it is, but I think its just awkward!
And, where does everyone get these crazy smilies from? and not the ones on the side, obviously. The ones of like, the smilie hugging to ninja logo and such?
Yes, it's gr8, not grea8. But why not just hit your fingers on the keys two more times and type out great instead?

If you want more smilies click the [More] link in the smilie window. Another window will pop up, you click your selection and it will be added to the message. Or you can directly access the smilie page here

1 - 18 of 18 Posts