Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know there has been posts about this before, but i dont care. im buying one soon. so..I plan on doing motovlogs, and recording overall riding footage. and the big dilemma is which one to pick. the only things shying me away from the gopro is no lcd screen to line up shots, and you have to buy a different case to use a microphone, etc, and all the accessories are expensive as hell. the drift seems like the better option for vlogging and stuff, but when it comes to actual footage, the gopro seems to be the way to go. so if anyone could help me out that would be great! thanks in advance for anyone who helps.

·
Registered
812 Posts
You might wanna lookup "shockofgod" on youtube & see what he uses. I'll see a random screenshot & think it's a video I wanna watch only to find out :doh: it's one of his again. He makes tons so he should offer some info.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
^ I cannot watch any of that guys videos. Too many pop ups and he gets soooooooo off topic. Most of the video has nothing to do with motorcycles

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
I have not had a problem lining up shots on my gopros.. And the gopro has a built in mic.. Not sure what u are talking about there bud..

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not had a problem lining up shots on my gopros.. And the gopro has a built in mic.. Not sure what u are talking about there bud..
i meant an external mic. shoulda clarified that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The vid Brar posted about the GoPro being in the ocean for 2 1/2 months has more than sold me...I want durability too.
Mine will be here Wednesday!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I own the Drift HD170 Stealth, you can watch some vids on my channel if you wish. I like it very much. I'm no professional, so the lighting and quality issues are fine with me, I think the camera is great, also because of it's shape. The GoPro looks a bit weird sticking off your helmet but the Drift looks OK, and also it is very strong, it can take a good knock. And it has a remote, which is helpful. I'm pretty sure you will be happy with either one though.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have the HD Hero 2 and I love it

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The vid Brar posted about the GoPro being in the ocean for 2 1/2 months has more than sold me...I want durability too.
Mine will be here Wednesday!
shug i ordered a drift. should be here by the 3rd so if we wanna go up monday or tuesday of next week to the blue ridge parkway we can have some footage hopefully. imma get a gopro eventually but for a starter camera id rather have the ease of use of the drift

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts