Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Good women boots to add an inch?

Tags
boots
6K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  4zer01 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I am starting to shop for boots.

I'm 5'4 and could use an extra inch to feel even better on the bike.

I've heard Alpinestars and Daytona.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

D

#5 ·
hmm nice looking boot, but I don't really see the reason for adding height to the heal,??
unless a woman thinks she is going to be able to flat foot the bike???
Which if your short, is unlikely. Why not add something to the toe of the boot?
Hell even I find myself toeing the bike around in parking lots.(on my toes)

Something on the outside of the toe (not enough to hinder walking)
but enough to allow you to get a better grip with your toe, Say a quarter or half inch wedge of hard rubber?????

I don't know maybe I'm just nuts:sigh:

#4 ·
I don't think that 6.5cm of heel hieght is going to really help at stops, you more likely would be on the balls of your feet?

Sure those Daytonas have some extra interior sole thickness, much like an extra insole would do but they will not add 2" of hieght.

My Gf is 5'2 and even with them on standing flatfooted she is under 5'3" and she is on toes on the bike, so no added height.

She went with Sidi Vertigo liea's in the end as they offer far superior protection in the event of an off.

#6 ·
Exactly.

haha I guess I should have read your post before posting my first post huh?:sigh:

#7 ·
#8 · (Edited)
same height, same problem

not many of the motorcycle specific boots will give you much height. any normal sport shoe/sneakers has more sole than a riding boot i find.

don't ride with heels. i had to one day cuz someone stole my smx-5 and it was crap for shifting cuz your foot drops and you bent your feet up/down even more just to shift.

I barely touch the ground with both feet down, standing on tippy toes.

I'm so used to put the right foot up and on the rear brake so i can scoot over to the left and flat foot.

Depends on what style you're looking for.
Do you wear track leather pants or mostly jeans?
Why a bike specific boot?
Do you wanna use it for safety or just functionality (more track oriented?)?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-womens-response-wp-20-boots

http://www.revzilla.com/product/river-road-womens-double-zipper-field-boots

I'm wearing A* SMX-Plus boots in men's size 6 and women's 7 in normal shoes.

Next boot is gonna be the top of the line TCX R-S2 boot since they come even in size 5.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Don't mean to be Mean... but is a zx6r your learning bike/1st bike?

The Joe Rocket ones look nice. Be careful about a tall boot if you don't have a slim calf, even tho these boots already have a stretch panel in the back.

Don't expect to ever be able to flat foot a 600 sportbike unless you slap on lowering links AND thick sole boots. Only flat footing there is, is just with one foot on the ground.

If you wear jeans on top then you won't see much of the shoe/boot anyways.

https://www.denniskirk.com/womens-r....p3572584.prd/357258465.sku?_requestid=806108

Those look solid and lots of grip since us shortys can't allow to slip on sand.

https://www.denniskirk.com/cruiserworks/lady-lace-medium-width-boots.h35752.prd/H3575265.sku
Lots of heel

#11 ·
I can't flatfoot mine either. I wear Sidi ST Air boots. Usually, if I have to maneuver the bike around, I do it before I get on it, and I spin it around on the kick stand instead of trying to back it out of a space on my tiptoes.

At stoplights/signs, it's right foot on the brake anyway, and left foot on the ground.

#12 ·
I can flatfoot one of them big 990KTMs....... Cant offer any advice, I'm just ferking huge ;)

#14 ·
Why has no-one made reference to women wanting an extra inch?

Its all about the girth anyway

#16 ·
I tried to resist.. but it just came out

Reactions: sbk1198
#17 ·
I got some 1.5 inch boots from Gaerne Spa - Cycling shoes, Boots, motocross boots that were pretty nice, held up very well during a crash I had last year. In fact, they're still useable so I keep them as spares.
But I prefer Sidi boots because they're top notch protection & reduce the vibration through the pegs, however they don't add any height.

#21 ·
I guess it's all preference as to what you wear, but i can't touch the ground very well on my bike... (i'll be doing some more lowering to feel comfortable) but i wear wedge sneakers (they usually are high top to cover some of the ankle) i can't find anything in motor gear that gives any height at all. i'm 5'2, so i feel your struggle.

I have 2 pairs of nike wedge sneaks that have done the trick for the past few seasons. Comfy for riding, easy shifting in my opinion, just that if you stop & walk around for a while, you might want to pack something more comfortable (i always bring flip flops on a sunny day stop).

#22 ·
I'm wearing these boots from Forma for all my casual riding. It's certainly more of an everyday boot, but at this price provides a bit of protection and grip while still looking really stylish walking around town. It takes some getting used to shifting with a heel at first, but it's second-nature to me now.

They do help me flat-foot, but I am taller than 5'4. I've also looked at the Joe Rocket Heartbreaker boots and they seem like the best option I've seen to really add some height.

#23 ·
I know this thread is pretty much dead and the original poster is probably no longer active but I had to chime in here. I may have mentioned that I wore Doc Martens for street riding for a long time. I still stand by the fact that Docs aren't a half bad option for casual riding, depending on the style of boots you get. You can easily lace them loose enough to where you can get some ankle protection in there as well. However, for what you would pay for a brand new pair of legit Docs, you might as well buy some proper riding boots.

As a chick, I like my shoes. So I tend to have a few pairs for all purposes and I am still very much loyal to my Docs (something about that rebellious punk rocker metal chick just won't die in me :p). So last year I picked up a pair of these:

They are the Doc Martens Caitlyn (sp?) boot. I didn't intend to use these for riding because... well just look at these fuckers?! They are pretty impractical for riding in. Hahahaha the platform alone measures about an inch and a half tall at the toe, and over 3 inches at the heel. But if you're looking for a height boost, you're definitely gonna get it.

I don't really have issues with my height when riding anymore but just for shits I wanted to wear these to work with a particular pair of jeans on a Friday. So I gave it a go. I won't lie, moving around the gear shift requires a little conscious effort to get a feel for the clearance but it is entirely possible (although, now that I think about it, I have raised rear sets so this may actually be a problem for someone with a stock setup).

I don't ride in these boots often when I am on the bike, and when I do it is basically some around town stuff with maybe a little long-way-home jaunt at the end. But they do pretty well. Beware though: these boots are a little heavy. The soles are your typical Doc Marten soles that are slip resistant (and yes, they definitely are) with cement construction so they weight about a pound to a pound and a half each. They may not be your style but if they are, they aren't a bad option.

Although, like I said: for what I paid for mine, you can easily buy a mid-range pair of motorcycle boots, but you probably won't get the boost you're looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.