Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2006 zx6r good oil bad oil

hi gents
just come across this site and good it looks,hope every1 has recovered from xmas and new year.so ive got a 2006 zx6r its my 1st 600 and love it ive done 2500 miles on it,now what i would like 2 no is can i run it on fully synthetic oil ive heard it the best then i go and get some silkolene pro4 10w 40 and then some1 says its not good 4 your bike its doing me nut in so can any1 help plz
thanks.
:coocoo

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea if you have 2500 miles it should be ok. Everyones has a different opinion on the subject of what oil to use. I personally have read a lot on the subject. Some say synthetic isn't good for it, and some say it is...check this site out and decide for youself http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Consumables.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea if you have 2500 miles it should be ok. Everyones has a different opinion on the subject of what oil to use. I personally have read a lot on the subject. Some say synthetic isn't good for it, and some say it is...check this site out and decide for youself http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Consumables.html
yeh cheers pretty mind blowing i dont no if im any clearer now or worst ha ha
:rotfl

·
Registered
389 Posts
Synthetic won't hurt it. Some ppl say since its a thinner oil that it can cause problems in the long run with your clutch. Again alot of ppl say they don't have any trouble with it. With synthetic your bike will shift smoother and they bike can run better. Also regular(non synthetic) oil wont hurt it either. Just avoid the oils that say energy conserving on the back. That link I showed you has a list of the best synthetic and regular oil.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why dont you go for a semi synthetic..................... best of both worlds then

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why dont you go for a semi synthetic..................... best of both worlds then
yeh i no what your saying mate but i like the best thats what im trying to find out if fully synthetic is better then thats what i want,its got semi in it at mo i just want the best mate cheers tho ps nice bike same as mine in black

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
For the record I use full syn in everything and have never had any issues - 53k miles on the TLS, 30k on the VF500, 138k on the truck......all get 5w-40 full synthetic (rotella).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the record I use full syn in everything and have never had any issues - 53k miles on the TLS, 30k on the VF500, 138k on the truck......all get 5w-40 full synthetic (rotella).
hi mate cheers 4 the reply i feel better now now how long do u run it b4 u change it can i run it longer than normal oil
cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It might not break down as quickly as normal oil, but still gets dirty just as much and imho oil needs to be changed at the same intervals no matter what you use. I generally change it ever 2-3k miles of commuting/touring - if riding was mostly track I'd change it much more often:thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts