Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a clip3 JBL speaker for $70 at walmart. Its almost loud enough, but when clipped on the bar or cables it hangs to low and interferes with the turning of the bike, NOT GOOD. I clipped them on the lower front brake signal wires and they worked OK, kind of hard to hear when they sit so low. Anyway's whats a decent set of Bluetooth WIRELESS speakers. I DONT WANT TO HARD WIRE! Opinions please?Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
Instead of forcing your musical tastes on everyone else why not try some earbuds? Good ones also function as ear plugs to reduce road noise and offer much better sound quality.

Mark

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Use some velcro. Attach it to the center of your steering. Use a string too in case it comes loose while riding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like hearing my surroundings too ,for car horns or ect. Earbuds are ok but don't want to loose all my hearing. Where I live nobody cares about anyone's else's music tastes. But I don't at least I don't blast my music so loud, you can hear it two towns over!!!These idiots rattling there cars apart because the base is so load!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I came to the conclusion that if you want to listen to something while riding, Bluetooth earbuds are the way to do it. Blocks outside noise and blasts sound waves point-blank into your ear hole.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I use custom molded ear monitors with a Sena. Even with the fully sealed custom molds I can still hear what I need to around me. So earbuds definitely won't hinder your hearing of important things around you.

·
Registered
13,094 Posts
If the solution to not being able to hear the music you want is to turn it up louder, how far away from your ear you generate that noise is irrelevant. To get the volume you want, over the background noise made by a motorcycle in motion means that the volume is high enough to do damage to your long term hearing.

When someone creates an active noise cancelling ear bud, or speaker that can be mounted inside my helmet to knock down the wind noise, I'll buy some sort of communication system with the option of playing music.

Till then, I need to conserve what I have left. Ear plugs are the only functional way for me to do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts