Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Thought id make my first post a good long story.

Had a 2006 zx6r that a slowly turned into a naked stunting bike. Did my wheelies and rolling burn outs and had a blast on the bike. The F1 light would blink every once in a while and flash and the next season the bike would lock out at 7k rpms. To get over this annoying 7k rpm lock up I would get to 6k rpm in 6th gear and then drop the gears all the way down to second and then SHE WOULD SCREAAAM after a little WAAAAAAAP being stuck at around 9k rpm then ZOOOOM it would fly like no tomorrow. Pretty funny but man that was ghetto and a little scary, almost like a launch control setting but you don't know when it was going to launch so just hold on for dear life.

Anyway I wanted it fixed and could not figure it out for the life of me. Keep in mine I am a DIY 18 year old monkey at this time so my fixing was good but no means professional. Tried everything from electrical - as my speedometer would turn off the odd time - to adjusting the valves and fuel pump / spark plugs / ecu swap. Long story short I found a local mechanic for a good price with fantastic reviews. He took it for the winter and man he hated this bike. He also could not figure it out as he gave it back to me claiming it was fixed... it was not. Told him about it, he came and road it and obviously felt terrible giving it back to me in the condition it was in. He took it for another winter (I live in Alberta winter is 8 months) and the riding reason. Basically had it for a whole year and rebuild the engine. During this time he dried out the cam chain but he said it was fine and id have to replace it in the near future. Told me it was good to ride - So I did and I got suited up as it was fall and quite chilly but always wear your safety gear anyways. Put my good suit on and off I went - TO THE EXIT RAMPS! Riding and hearing an awful lot of POPS and CRACKELS and I was in love as I have not had the bike be able to run well for 2 years basically. On my way to the highway I hear CRACK and smoke is coming everywhere and covered my boot. Pulled over and the starter is sticking out. That's not suppose to be there. Whole engine casing is cracked and I pull over on the side of the road. BIG OIL PUDDLE AND SMOKEE. Oddly enough a few riders road by without stopping :(. Many thoughts went through my mind, sad, happy as it was just funny - finally get it back and the engine blows up. None the less I call him and he refused to do anything about it as he HATED my bike (I understand that). Fighting and auguring I demand a refund and tell him it can legal so he co-operates. Finally get my refund for the services he provided but that was all he would do.

Ill post pictures and i am currently in a little café at this time and my laptop is dying.

Long story short gave a mechanic my custom 2006 zx6r and he hated working on it. Took 2 years to "Fix" the problem, took it for a ride and BOOM oil and smoke everywhere before I hit the highway. Thank god it was not on an exit ramp. mid wheelie or at highspeeds.

Thanks for reading let me know what you think and please do not rip me apart for typing errors as this was 10 min type up In cafe with laptop LOW!

Take care and Ill post more stories soon.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Sounds like a whole lot of stupid to me.

I would sure like to see a receipt of what was supposedly done during this "engine rebuild", and of course carnage pictures....

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Yeah, I've had dickhead riders like that. I dumped the bike on the middle of a public road once as the woman in front did an emergency brake and I overdid it on the rear brake. Some asshole on an adventure bike rode through me as I was trying to get the bike back up off the road (whilst all the other traffic was stopped). Like he rode through a bloody accident scene. Insane. People are idiots.

Your engine builder guy sounds like a dork. But you shouldn't have been riding that bike with the FI light previously..

Reactions: KevA
1 - 3 of 3 Posts