Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Bike got stolen this morning out of apt gated indoor garage around 11:30am. They cut both locks, took the chain and left bike cover. I didn't even have the bike for 1 whole year yet.

Sucks!

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Do you have renters insurance? That should at least supplement vehicular insurance...... Did you finance this? Gap insurance?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah have full coverage insurance. So i'm good but it's just simply the principle. Now, no point in buying another until I live in different circumstances to properly secure it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wait I actually never thought about using my renter's insurance if needed. I'll have to look into it because I definitely never thought about it. But between the both I definitely have enough insurance to cover my a$$

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Does your coverage give you replacement, blue book, market value? Do you have documentation for whatever add ons you did? New tires, etc.... All of that needs to be accounted for when you file your claim. Is there a police report?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Thieves are some of the lowest of the low. You’ll be riding again I’m sure. This is why I’m paranoid with my bike! Lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Damn bro I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I am in the EXACT same boat as you. My 2009 zx6r got stolen from my underground parking in my building last week also. It's such a violating feeling.
What are your future plans? For me....I don't feel comfortable keeping a motorcycle in my building anymore because I know I won't be able to sleep and night, and I will constantly be thinking of my next bike being stolen. My wife and I are seriously thinking about moving.....ya, it's a shame isn't it? Changing a living situation because your paranoid about another bike being stolen, lol.
In regards to renters insurance, you probably won't get anything for it. Renters insurance covers you for items that are IN YOUR suite for theft (TV, Laptop, Jewelry, etc). Vehicles are usually not covered as they are not in you actual residence. It sucks big time. I tried getting $1000 deductible compensated, but no dice.
Anyways, cheer up man, I'm glad you were also covered by insurance...I got paid out too, but the $1000 deductible was the shitty part :mad:

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Watch you local and non local ads for part outs......... perhaps you have some distinguishing marks or something on the bike..........

but thieves suck and all should be shot!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah man @rogal88 this sucks for real. But I've decided not to buy another bike as long as I'm living in this apartment environment. There is no way to safely secure your bike and I'm not gonna be rolling it into apartment every night or finding a storage unit. If I can't comfortably have a bike, then fuggeddaboutit, I'll just wait. Definitely got me thinking about other living arrangements for example a house with garage now.

Also, my renters insurance doesn't cover bikes or cars. It only will cover items lost in your car or bike due to theft. But all good.

So for now, it's 4-wheels but i'll get back on 2 soon enough.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw the security video. The thieves basically piggybacked thru the gate ...of course a setup as I believe the car in front let them in. They parked beside bike, cut the locks off, broke steering column and rode it out garage. All in like 15 minutes max. Their tags was blurred and also all windows dark tinted even the front windshield. I mean security cameras not HD but you could see enough to understand the moves they made.

But karma is a b*tch so they'll definitely get it back 10 times worst in the end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This sucks....but at least you were covered.
Hope you are back on a rocket soon!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah man @rogal88 this sucks for real. But I've decided not to buy another bike as long as I'm living in this apartment environment. There is no way to safely secure your bike and I'm not gonna be rolling it into apartment every night or finding a storage unit. If I can't comfortably have a bike, then fuggeddaboutit, I'll just wait. Definitely got me thinking about other living arrangements for example a house with garage now.

Also, my renters insurance doesn't cover bikes or cars. It only will cover items lost in your car or bike due to theft. But all good.

So for now, it's 4-wheels but i'll get back on 2 soon enough.
Ya buddy, I completely agree with you. There is no way that I'm going to be keeping another bike in the underground parking. It sucks how we get violated like this and then need to figure out a new living situation in order to feel safe storing a bike. I hope I see a fatal accident on the hwy with a stolen "monster kawasaki". I don't wish that on many people, but to the thief, I wish it indeed and wold probably throw a party LOL!
All the best man, let me know who everything ends up working out for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
when i work out of town, for an extended period, and i bring a bike, i find a nearby storage unit, and park the bike inside a locked unit. 30 bucks a month gives me peace of mind, and 24 hour access, while the bike remains out of the weather. would work for you too, drive to the unit, park your car/truck and go for your ride. the good places have electricity in the unit, and i hook up my battery tender while there. sorry about your bike.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
when i work out of town, for an extended period, and i bring a bike, i find a nearby storage unit, and park the bike inside a locked unit. 30 bucks a month gives me peace of mind, and 24 hour access, while the bike remains out of the weather. would work for you too, drive to the unit, park your car/truck and go for your ride. the good places have electricity in the unit, and i hook up my battery tender while there. sorry about your bike.
Most storage facilities near me don’t allow motor vehicle storage in standard units.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike, good to have coverage. Always park my bike in the garage, very rarely do I leave a scooter outside overnight. If they want it bad enough thieves will figure a way. Solved my worry problem, traded for a BMW F800GT which is not a bad bike but has no soul like the ZX6R. I don't worry about it getting stolen, just ride it and park it and don't worry, it insured and if it were stolen would get another bike. Saw a white ZX6R ABS 2014 advertised at a local bike shop, went to look at it and it was sold. Used ZX6Rs are popular bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts