·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not sure about price, but for R&G stuff, they are based in the UK:
Welcome to R&G Racing | Setting the standard in bolt-on motorcycle accessories and Crash Protectors

You can buy direct from them.

I personally try to avoid stuff from China because of the horror stories about cheap quality, stuff breaking during a ride, and improper fitment - there's an ongoing debate about this, and there always will be.

Only other thing I can suggest is searching for dealers who sell parts and accessories online. They usually have deals on, and can end up cheaper than ebay (or at the least, easier to deal with).

Hope you get your shopping list sorted!

·
Registered
202 Posts
+1 on buying direct from R&G. I bought frame sliders, tank sliders, exhaust bracket, rear peg block off plate direct from them. Pricing was up to
par with what is on EBay. Customer service is superb.
I prefer the Evotech tail tidey over R&G.
Evotech Performance Bike Parts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Don't bother with a tidy tail for hat much money!

a simple 4in piece of bent sheet metal with holes drilled will make you able to recycle your fender parts.
http://zx6r.com/motorcycle-talk/34816-what-d-you-do-your-6-today-81.html#post879642

Use Part#11053 2007 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-6R (ZX600P7F) Taillight(s) | Babbitts Kawasaki Parts House
and #11054 2007 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-6R (ZX600P7F) Rear Fender(s) | Babbitts Kawasaki Parts House

Buy some cheap turn signals or if invest into a integrated taillight (got mine from lockhart phillips) and stick a simple license plate light on it. you have it done for half the price compared to R&G

Rear brake pad you can go with something less performance since you won't develop that much heat in there and not use it as much as the front brakes.

DON'T cheap out on the Chain!!!
Go with EK or RK or DID x-ring chains. unless you don't plan on putting more than 2k miles on your bike per year i'd invest.
Never cheap out on front brakes, tires or chain/sprockets.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Don't bother with a tidy tail for hat much money!

a simple 4in piece of bent sheet metal with holes drilled will make you able to recycle your fender parts.
http://zx6r.com/motorcycle-talk/34816-what-d-you-do-your-6-today-81.html#post879642

Use Part#11053 2007 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-6R (ZX600P7F) Taillight(s) | Babbitts Kawasaki Parts House
and #11054 2007 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-6R (ZX600P7F) Rear Fender(s) | Babbitts Kawasaki Parts House

Buy some cheap turn signals or if invest into a integrated taillight (got mine from lockhart phillips) and stick a simple license plate light on it. you have it done for half the price compared to R&G

Rear brake pad you can go with something less performance since you won't develop that much heat in there and not use it as much as the front brakes.

DON'T cheap out on the Chain!!!
Go with EK or RK or DID x-ring chains. unless you don't plan on putting more than 2k miles on your bike per year i'd invest.
Never cheap out on front brakes, tires or chain/sprockets.
The EBC HH sintered pads are great! I run them on the front and back. I tried an EBC organic on the back before, and it wore out pretty quickly, so I replaced it with the HH sintered, and I like the feel/feedback a lot more than I did the organic. So I say stick with the higher performance pads on the back as well.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Will those brake lines fit properly? For some reason I thought you had a 07-08 model. The part number is different according to the HEL website.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys, only reason for the chain is mine has signs of rust on it, it's not very old or done many miles but i have a feeling from a few closer inspections that the past owner neglected servicing a bit.

It is on 5k miles and an 07 plate.

I have found a cheap tail tidy on eBay which ends tomorrow so hopefully going to win that.

Then will order the bits I need :)

Not sure on the levers, but at £17 i might take a chance and see how they are, give them some abuse off the bike and see how they hold up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts