Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a short ride out South of town.
See those small hills waaay out there?
There are some sweet roads all in there.
That hill line stretches for about 40 miles or more from east to west.

50, yeah, right. WooHoo.

And it is all up and down these hills.

Take a left here and about another 15-20 miles you get a great
ride down into the canyon.

Getting back home for supper.:devious

Not much, just another quick ride.
Out south of town this time.
Hope you enjoyed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, the home work.
Everyone else post up a few of your short trips
that you take to unwind.

Ive got some lake run pics to take and share along
with a lot of other places also.

How about it?
Post up your half day get-a-ways.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
You guys have great looking bitumen although the flushing on the road in the first picture is a little frightening. Great pics Raized! Looks like a fun filled ride! I don't get out to ride much anymore generally because other road users fill me with rage my Doctor said will kill me. Got a few good round trips that I'm sure will steal my license again one day.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love that stretch of road Quarkz, was out there two weeks ago on a run to Kenilworth.......next trip I'll send you an invite :thumbup

·
Registered
46 Posts
How good are those twisties on the backside of Mt Glorious, down towards Fernvale and Wivenhoe Dam. Its the only road I know of where there is signage specifically requesting bikes to slow down. Defintely the best road Ive had the pleasaure of riding.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
How good are those twisties on the backside of Mt Glorious, down towards Fernvale and Wivenhoe Dam. Its the only road I know of where there is signage specifically requesting bikes to slow down. Defintely the best road Ive had the pleasaure of riding.
Mt Mee has them, too!

I'm a glorious virgin. Woe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mt Mee has them, too!

I'm a glorious virgin. Woe.

Me and a few mates do a regular run out to Kenilworth, then back through Esk then on to Split Yard Creek then up Mt Glorious.....we do breakfast along the way......next one will be in about three weeks, normally 6-8 bikes, let me know if you'd like to come

·
Registered
116 Posts
Holy shit thats a big trip. How long does that take? Definately let me know when your going.
Depends on how hard we push.....but 6 hours is not uncommon (with brakes for food and drinks)

Another run we do is from Goodna to Fernvale, though Split Yard Creek, then back onto Mt Glorious through Mt Nebo and out into the Gap.....have Breakfast at the top of Mt Nebo - 3-4 hours......it's a good run :devious

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Me and a few mates do a regular run out to Kenilworth, then back through Esk then on to Split Yard Creek then up Mt Glorious.....we do breakfast along the way......next one will be in about three weeks, normally 6-8 bikes, let me know if you'd like to come
Would appreciate if you let me know Josh, thanks!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
*also wants to live in australia*

·
Registered
590 Posts
i have to say that whenever i see pictures like these, i am nothing but jealous that any of the roads here arent even half as good, and the ones that are pretty decent are filled with cops or poor road conditions.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The Black Spur, Feb 2004

40C / 104F (0%BAC of course)

I don't stop and take pictures :banghead My run through the hills my GOR route

I like our slippery road sign better than the US one where the skids don't cross :laugh

I'm surrounded by hills where I live, but they're no fun unless you trail / off road it. Google Earth file http://www.wotid.com/kmz/stevetls.kmz

edit: A run 1/2 way up the Black Spur (15.5mb) It's a great clip, but a perfect example why the cops are targetting the area. 200+ km/h between corners because you can? Doing wheelies past cars is always a winner too :coocoo Madness - ruining it for the rest of us. Anyway, here's the road >> 15.5mb http://wotid.com/pictures/albums/videos/black_spur.mpg

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Our slippery roads signs have always confused me. It just doesn't make logical sense. That bothers me. A lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts