Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what sprockets do you reccomend and what is our stock teeth amount on our bikes?

I am thinking 1- and 2+. Has anyone done it? I am just curious what RPM she will ride at 75-85Mph in 6th.

Thanks Much!
Josh

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stock is 16/45. I've done -1 in the front and love it... At 75 I'm at just about 7k.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Did you dyno your bike btw?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also can you link me to the gear you bought?

·
Registered
63 Posts
16/45 stock wow.
My 99 is 15/40 stock

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What did it put down? Got a graph? I'm tryign to get a bunch of 07 dyno numbers together.

Also how did you do just a front sprocket being a 520 conversion sprocket and leave the stock rear sprocket and chain on?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
My Dyno came in at just under 98rwhp SAE uncorrected at 1200' in 85 degrees in dry AZ. Keep in mind results from dyno-to-dyno vary, as do results in various climates/altitude... Not sure how mine would be corrected for SAE standards - but probably in the very low 100's.

Key was that it came in at 93.5 before the tune, so I gained 4.5hp with the tune, and most importantly it was so much smoother... I'm not worried about a few HP. I'll never drive it to it's max! ;-)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine was 101.5hp and 41.5TQ stock with only the free mod after only 300 miles. This was uncorrected also at 1173ft and about 90+ degrees. I will be dynoing it again this week to see if it has more hp after breakin and the modded stock muffler. It only dynod 96.5HP before the free mod at the same time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Failed ot mention - my torque came out at 41.9 after dyno - I am not running the jumper mod.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I picked up 15hp in areas of the high rpms and a peak of 5hp overall with the free mod I would suggest trying it. The jumper mod didn't seem to help TQ. The reason I am asking so many questions is to see what certain setups give our bikes. How many miles were you at also?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The jumper mod mainly affects the butterfly valve and how much it opens at higher RPM's. For US EPA regulations apparently it's restricted. Euro spec (what you are setting it at) does not restrict that valve from opening completely at full RPM. When you put on an aftermarket pipe like the Two Bros and Akra the butterfly valve is completely removed, and the jumper mod does very little. I've heard rumor it does do some timing adjustments as well, but honestly, I can't tell a bit of difference, and have chosen not to use it. I'm getting all the power and range I need.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Where's the speedo pickup on your bikes?

Unless it's off the front or rear wheels, changing the gearing will have no effect on the indicated speed vs. rpm. You have to use a recalibrator like a speedo healer or yellow box to get an accurate speedo reading. Most bikes with electronic speedo's pick up from the counter shaft so gearing changes throw the speedo out.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Nice, pity all bikes aren't like that.

:edit I looked at some pictures, it picks up the counter shaft, I can see it mounted on the front sprocket cover so the speedo needs recalibrating with the gearing change. :(

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stock is 16/43 i just found out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts