Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my fix.. When I bought it ( I bought it used) and put it on it smashed against the tail section, and it was super hard to get it to latch, so to keep my body work from getting screwed up I did a little adjusting, I added a few washsers between the bracket and the cowl(only thre front two bolts needed it).. here are the pics.. hopes this helps someone who is having a pain to get that cowl to line up, also it latches super easy now...:)

Click on pics for bigger pics:)

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
ohh man, when i first got the cowl. I put it on and forgot to put the washers on. I was mad on why it wouldnt just freaken stay on, but i figured it out :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the tip, mine will be here in a few days and I would have been pissed if it didnt fit right, especially for how much the stupid thing costs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine needs like 2 washers on on side and 1 on the other to stay level on the tail. I also cut out the extra aluminum on the cowl bracket for more trunk space. In case your wondering it doesnt weaken the cowl at all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I need to getone bad, that passenger seat is pretty ugly on the back!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yup, I had the same problem here.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Good info:thumbup I had to do something similar to get the tail section on my TLS to be a bit more secure and keep it from rubbing the paint on the tail section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts