Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the next few months, I will be weighing my options between moving back to Georgia or staying here in California. One of the variables I am weighing is motorcycle friendliness. I need to live in a place with lots of twisties which is why I would NEVER move to Florida.

Living in California has made me spoiled as there are a plethora of amazing twisty roads.

So, I am asking you Georgia riders, does Georgia have its fair share of good twisty roads? Is it a good state for the motorcycle enthusiast? Can you ride year round?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Stay the fuck out of south GA. I may be 20 mins from JGP but that's a once every few months kind of thing. And the food sucks here. I would of personally stayed in CA if I didn't have a family. But then again I don't live near drums and the mountains.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Me and Davidreaper took a sweet ride this morning in dahlonega GA. I live in Canton and I'm just 30 min from amazing roads. And they just get better the farther you go into the blue ridge mountains

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply guys. I will def look these locations up. Good to know that there are some twisties relatively close to Atlanta.

How is traffic? I am really spoiled with the lane splitting out here in CA.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Traffic is pretty terrible, but depends greatly on where you are commuting.

I commute north to Alpharetta ~15 miles and it's ~18 min to work at 6:00 AM and ~25 to 30 minutes home at ~5:00 PM. Occasionally (rarely) it's a 45 min jaunt. If my commute was the opposite direction it would be the same time to work, but might be 45 min to an hour and a half home on avg. Some people commute further or in other directions/highways and I can't speak to their pleasure or horror.

Two Drums might have more perspective as he lives north. There is a highway (I-285) that loops the metro area, and it can be a killer. Depends on when you commute, how far and which direction you're heading.

jimundascores

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If you live in west Georgia, you can hit Cheaha Mountains for 'decent' twisties.

Other than that, we have Barber and Tally close by with Road Atlanta just a stone's throw away.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Lobster and I will be at tally
Nice! My wife just said you can't come if your bike looks like mine. She won't be able to tell us apart. I told her that I will be the slower of the two, so it's all good.. No worries. :(

When are you hauling to the track? Fri night or Sat morn? We're going on Sat morn.

jimundascores

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stay the fuck out of south GA. I may be 20 mins from JGP but that's a once every few months kind of thing. And the food sucks here. I would of personally stayed in CA if I didn't have a family. But then again I don't live near drums and the mountains.
Hey buddy, I am south GA , we need to ride.. I am close to Vidalia GA Let me know where you at? Thanks Mitch

1 - 20 of 38 Posts