Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here removed the generator or the rectifier from their race bike? And just charge between sessions/races?

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
you going to pull the starter and starter drive gears etc too?

You will only get 60-85 miles on full discharge mode with a good battery on most fuel injected bikes..... and then spend a couple hours on a 2a charger charging it back up and if you go with the recommended 1amp charge rate you are going to be 8+ hours on a charger........

you only ride less than 85 miles in any given day?
You going to have multiple batteries and keep swapping?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Also I removed my rectalfier and gained 400 hp.

true story.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
you going to pull the starter and starter drive gears etc too?

You will only get 60-85 miles on full discharge mode with a good battery on most fuel injected bikes..... and then spend a couple hours on a 2a charger charging it back up and if you go with the recommended 1amp charge rate you are going to be 8+ hours on a charger........

you only ride less than 85 miles in any given day?
You going to have multiple batteries and keep swapping?
I highly doubt u can even get more than 10 miles just running off a full battery.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
I highly doubt u can even get more than 10 miles just running off a full battery.
I have had bikes on rides with me have their stator take a shit, we have unplugged headlights and put in a battery from one of the other bikes and managed 50+ miles, more than a few times on various bikes- before stopping and swapping to another battery......... we simply didn't want to run out of battery before the next swap so it wasn't so dead it wouldn't start the bike it went into

But we also had this guy on a vfr simply buy a battery charger and sit at the gas station for 2 hours charging then depart and not make it 2 miles before it was dead again, where then the guy with him hooked up jumpers between the two bikes and let his bike fast idle for about 30 minutes thinking that would do it, and again only made it about 2 miles......... But I think vfr guys battery was shot by then and never got fully charged

Last time I set up a total loss bike on track we could run the 75 mile race on it...........

So your results could vary wildly....

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
This guy again. Lordy
that is right, the guy who was professing on and on about suspension then a month later started a thread asking about suspension....... lol- well I guess we are all wasting out time then! :O

Reactions: Duc995 and Otto Man
1 - 9 of 9 Posts