Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I said I would buy some gear today and I tried to keep my word but I didn' t see ANYTHING that I liked. Of course it probably would help if there was an actual store around here that sells gear only. But I had to go to about 5 different dealerships looking for a jacket that didn't say Suzuki or Yamaha. And that matched my bike. The only thing I found that I half way liked was a Harley Davidson Jacket that retailed at $199.

So my question is.... Is there some stores on the internet that sell decent gear or am I going to have to just get something that says Yamaha/Suzuki/GSXR/Harley.. I did not see not 1 Kaw jacket, not even in the dealership where I got my bike from.

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
It's actually really easy to keep clean. Baby wipes wipe the white part right off.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Just some FYI for ya....
What ever you get, make sure it has a "tail" on it and
not "squared off" on the back on the bottom.
You will want some thing to keep the wind from blowing
down your butt crack. LOL!:laugh

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Just some FYI for ya....
What ever you get, make sure it has a "tail" on it and
not "squared off" on the back on the bottom.
You will want some thing to keep the wind from blowing
down your butt crack. LOL!:laugh
Some people like that sensation. Oh, breezy.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i noticed lots of stuff had suzuki on it at the dealer i went to.

i got a nice mesh joe rocket jacket i really liked. good luck in the search.

·
Registered
450 Posts
No need for gear to match the bike. Just make sure it fits you properly and that you are comfortable wearing it.

Check out http://newenough.com/ as they have some great deals sometimes and their customer service is very good.

Saved me the effort of typing EXACTLY what you just said...link and all...

Taurus...at least explore this option. You'll likely get MUCH higher quality gear to protect that ass than you would form some stealership selling sweatshop leathers made in pakistan...

Buy the very highest quality gear you can possibly afford and don't get sucked into the "fashion statement" type stuff...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
ya .. newenough.com is really good i bought a couple things from them

i wear a black leather icon jacket. nice armor, pretty thick leather. does a decent job at keeping me cool in the sun (as decent a job you can expect from leather).. paid $300 for it though. nice jacket. black matches all color bikes too, including your red one

ps get boots and gloves

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry but Icon is nothing but stylized crap IMO. There is MUCH better gear out there than Icon. Personally, I will only get gear that is made by a manufacturer that races such as Alpinestars, some Joe Rocket stuff, Dianese and so forth. As was already said, buy the BEST gear that you can afford.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sorry but Icon is nothing but stylized crap IMO. There is MUCH better gear out there than Icon. Personally, I will only get gear that is made by a manufacturer that races such as Alpinestars, some Joe Rocket stuff, Dianese and so forth. As was already said, buy the BEST gear that you can afford.

:stupid...

Icon makes a TON of squid gear (if that makes any sense) IMHO...:O

·
Registered
7 Posts
:stupid...

Icon makes a TON of squid gear (if that makes any sense) IMHO...:O

That's how i feel as well after trying on some of their stuff, but i see a lot of people wearing Icon stuff...even the helmets. I know it's cheap and it looks 'cool' but Icon stuff seems to be very gimmicky, all flash and little to no protection.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts