Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey Guys, My gear shifter jammed up in between gears, between 3rd and 4th, it jammed in that neutral position between the gears. the bike still rolled as if it was in neutral and no gear registered on the display.

i pulled over and gave it a few gentle up and downs and eventually it freed itself. at the time though it felt like it wasnt going to budge! the bike has 37,000 on the clock its a 2009 monster edition.

all help appreciated in diagnosis.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
That's weird since there's no neutral gear for the transmission to pass through between 3rd and 4th

Only thing I could think of is check your shift linkage and adjust it a little. One time after I changed rearsets, my bike wouldn't shift because the shift linkage was in a bad position. Adjusted it a little and fixed.

·
Registered
289 Posts
+1 for redandblack same thing happened to me. with the bike off press the shifter up and down with your hand and see if anything comes (or could have come) in contact with it to cause it to bind up

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, cheers guys, they are aftermarket rear sets so quite possible. I always assume the worst, shifting forks or selector drum.

let you know how i go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts