Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so the bike is a 2012 ZX6R. When I'm riding and I gear up to 3rd, the digital gear number on the cluster jumps down to 2nd and back to 3rd multiple times or it would completely disappear. It's worse on 4th, I can ride on 4th and no number would appear. The bike it self doesn't feel any different if I hold a steady speed or if I speed up, but if I let go of the throttle and there's no gear number on the cluster, the bike wont 'slow down'. Bad gear indicator? Trany?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I would recommend checking the gear position switch connector (under the fuel tank) and also the gear position switch itself. I attached a PDF of the page in the manual that shows where those are located. You can also download the manual for your year model from that section of this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I took the switch out, clean it and re installed. I also unplugged the connector and did the resistance test on the connector for every gear, and I got readings with in spec, which leads me to believe the sensor works. I order a used sensor of ebay, going to try that one and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts