Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ZX6R 2001 and I'm trying to install a gear indicator the one I bought plugs into the diagnostic cable but I don't have that diagnostic plug how can I wire it directly to the harness if possible

·
Registered
13,111 Posts
You could crimp pins onto the remaining diagnostic plug You plug them into your gizmo's receptacle one at a time.

You could take the plug off your new gizmo, on solder the wires from it directly onto the diagnostic plug wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike is too old it doesn't have a diagnostic plug that's why I'm trying to figure out how to wire it straight to the harness

·
Registered
126 Posts
My bike is too old it doesn't have a diagnostic plug that's why I'm trying to figure out how to wire it straight to the harness
If it is supposed to be plugged in to the ecu via the diagnostic plug you can't wire it into the harness.
The gear indicator takes data from the ecu to show what gear it is in. If you don't have it, it won't show the gear.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine told me all I needed to do was tap into the speed sensor and tack wires and the power wire to get all those things the gear indicator needed to work I'm just not sure if that will work or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts