Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to doing this mod today. I'm chuffed with the results. It looks so much better in person. It would have been hard to do if I didn't have help, I have to admit. I'm terribly shit when it comes to soldering so I had my friend bring over all his kit and watched him do it. I brought him a drink and held the flux though so that is classified as helping! It is!

I got the LED's from Tenrod.com.au for free. One of the perks of being a girly I guess. It's insane the amount of stuff you'll get thrown at you if you ask nicely. Huzzah for boobies. Matthew the lovely sales rep for the company even said he'd drop them off at my house. Creepy.

Anyhoo. Took about 45 minutes with all the fiddling and eyebrow raising. I'm gonna be doing this on the ER6n next because it looks awesome. Just thought I'd share the pretty.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Looks good, but this "know nothing about the dashes in 6's" needs a before shot.

·
Registered
604 Posts
where do you find the information on performing this mod? Please let us all know. nice pic's....cool.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kawiforums. Mods probably wouldn't appreciate me linking there! It's pretty straight forward anyway. Get the gauge apart, take off the old LED's, re solder the new ones making sure they're facing the right way and then whack it back together.

You're particular bike used bulbs not LED's right?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there anyway to change an 2002 dash to light up blue and look as good as that
There are a heap of kits on eBay last I looked. There is also a write up on it on Kawiforums where they replaced the normal bulbs with LED's. There is also the Illumiglo Face Plates @ Blue Gauges

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome 63SIX. You're not far from me :D

Crashtd. Well, you're the boss. How could I say no?

03-06 ZX6R change is here

and the Old school 6R's are here

I might do a write up myself. Pull it all apart and take some pics. I'm sure fellow Kawiforum members wouldn't be too chuffed if they came over here and saw we flogged that without permission :/

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't go to Mt Mee often. I've been out to Dayboro a few times though. My usual territory is Peachster, Stanley River Road, Maleny, Mapleton and Dulong. What part of Brissy are you from?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts