Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I was wondering a few questions

so some back ground had my bike in another state and had some people that was supposed to keep up with it and maintain it while I was gone and they didnt so got some water in the tank and clogged up the fuel system and gas tank lock please help me with answering these questions please and thank you.

How would I flush out my fuel pump? It is dirty and needs to be cleaned.
How would I flush out the fuel lines? It is clogged
How would I clean the tank out? It has a little rust in it
How would I fix my gas tank lock it is locked shut

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
do you have your service manual?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have taken apart a few of the pumps and just sprayed the pickup filter and other parts out with contact cleaner and it works really well to get it cleaned up. Howeever if the pump is locked up, you're better off just picking up a clean used one. I have tried several different ways to soak the pump with no luck. As far as cleaning the tank out, I have had good luck with using a pressure washer with a hot water switch at the shop I work at, dries out pretty quick too with the hot water, just be sure to rinse it out with some fresh fuel to get the rest of the moisture out. This only really works if the rust hasn't gotten a chance to dry up, if it has then the best bet is to clean it up the best you can and Kreem the tank. Fuel lines are cheap to replace, but you could just spray it out with some contact cleaner. Don't be suprised though if you end up having some problems with your injectors depending on how long the bike has been sitting. As far as the gas cap, you can try to remove the fuel pump and try to reach the bottom of the cap from the inside of the tank and squeeze the locks on the tank while turning the key. What bike is it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 2006 kawasaki 636 thanks everyone Ill try that but I dont have a pressure washer is there another way that I can do this task? I do have a little bit of rust from the moisture that messed up the fuel cap that got inside the tank.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are several different brands that make rust removers, just google it. just gotta be careful not to get it on the paint of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts