Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so anyone who has seen my previous posts knows I have shitty luck with my bike so far, but let me add to it now. My bike got knocked over (again......) this time by some idiot in my apartment complex... But this time when I tried to start it, it had a horrible gas smell and a noticeable leak, but it still runs? I'm not riding it right now at all til I get this resolved obviously but could anyone maybe help out here? I took the seat off, the side fairings off, and the gas tank is off (still have lines connected but bolts are out so I can lift it off to look at top of engine) and I think I found the leak but I don't know anything about mechanics. The gas is leaking from a (brass??) fitting connected with a "t" to 2 pieces of plastic that look like they go to the top of the engine(maybe injectors??) any advice?

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
I think ur bike laying on its side caused fuel to leak out thru one of the vent lines. Also, I suggest finding a new parking spot for ur bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have everything apart and yeah it's those plastic fittings just beneath the airbox(I think that's what is is, the airbox I mean) but would the entire fittings need to be replaced or just the o rings? I looked up the part on a parts website that has an "exploded view" of all the systems and it has o rings in there, maybe just those need to be replaced?

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
U sure it didnt just come loose? And take a pic of this fitting... cause Im still not sure what ur talkin bout.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the full injector setup for the 07 zx6r. The brass part with the 2 black plastic fittings on it connected to the injectors in the middle. I had my mechanic friend check it out and my o rings had just blown out

Attachments

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
69,473 Posts
That solves that. I was gonna say, disassembly was not necessary but thank for the detailed pic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts