Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, someone must have an idea on this one.

Firstly, I have a J1 zx6r, apparently the three bolt flange is the same on the A1P therefore in theory, you can switch over end cans if necessary - anybody done this and confirm all is well and good?

Secondly, many people seem to claim that the G1 fits into this category as wel (1998) - does this mean that the end can will switch between all three? Does this mean that a full system will switch between all three as well?

Thanks a bunch in anticipation - I have researched as much as possible in advance but to no avail:confused

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, the only thing I can think of is call up a distributer and see if the part numbers are the same for each can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AFAIK the G, J and A1P model exhausts are interchangeable. The J and A1P are almost identical bikes apart from the larger bore and different carb setup.

I had a 98 G1 ZX6R. I fitted a J1 engine, loom, carbs and then fitted a B1H headers and can. The headers are a tight fit against the sump but with a bit of work it can be massaged into place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I fitted a 2002 (A1P) akrapovic rear silencer with a 3 bolt flange to my J2 zx6r. Straight fit and no messing, apparently these fit some bandits as well?!!

Anyways, I'm fairly sure the bike was previously mapped for an end can as it is much smoother and not so jumpy lower down. Made excellent gains as well where the top end was previously a little choked (an extra 10mph over my previous top speed).

Excellent stuff:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my bike dynoed before and after fitting a can and the A/F ratio was better with the can and it made about 5hp from the mid range up to the top end. I fitted a Dynojet kit and it buggered up the fuelling, the standard was alot better. Wasted a load of time and money and in the end the standard needles and jets were the best. This was on a J1 engine fitted to a G1 bike.

In the end I fitted B1H headers and race can. Not a straight fit but can be made to fit with a bit of persuasion. It looked better and made about 1hp more, not really worth the effort, plus it seemed a bit fluffy at some revs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,I've just bought a set of b1h header pipes for my a1p but notice that they don't have a fixing to the sump like the original pipes? Is it a case of fabrication? Any ideas. I've got a danmoto gp exhaust coming :)

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts