Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the local bike shop yesterday and I saw some bike lighting from Electropod.

Now this is my question, I know that Cars are NOT allowed to have any other lights turn on while driving around other than the usual head/tail lights. So that means Mr Boy Racer cannot have his neon tubes lit while doing burnouts past Mcdonalds.

What is the law for Bikers? As far as I can work out, if Bikes have funky lighting you are allowed to have them on whilst riding because it helps you be seen ( Which the government are all too happy to tell us to do so we dont get mashed up by the chappy who pulls out in front of us and calims not to have seen us )

Can anyone Clarify if bikes are alloed to have funky lighting?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Not allowed! Same laws apply for 2 wheels as they do for 4
Do I still have them tho, Fuck yea I do! But thats probably just me tryin to cancel out my criminal justice degree with a lil bit of rebellion! :p

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
kippa at work has red funky lighting on his bike and has not been done over by the fun police yet..

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have a green electro pod setup on my zx6r , and have had no problems, , i was told by a traffic cop in london that as long as they aren't forward facing its ok

·
Registered
48 Posts
end of the day if your already riding around with a small number plate and the baffle removed from your zorst your already 'breaking the law' so whats some lighting gonna hurt? ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my bike is standard through out, just as it was sold to me from the shop. so I could make it a little naughty by adding lighting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
get yourself a full akrapovic system on the bike mate, then for kicks remove the baffle ;)

the 9 sounds so evil :naughty:

so you aint got a solo seat cowl yet either ? black db screen? just some basics that always usually get changed first :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL no i dont have any of those, I'm looking at getting an Akrapovic exhaust, purely because the one on her is too quiet and I think that in its self could be dangerous. Af for the rest, I would like to keep standard, apart from maybe the rear plate, Might get a tail tidy but that does mean replacing the rear light.

As for the comment about funky lighting being for little boy racers, I think that extra lights on a bike would help us be more easily seen by other road users, not because I want to tear arse about in McDonalds carpark picking up 15yr old girls and pretending Im the DON.

Not that you were insinuating that :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
i was not insinuating anything, i think their are to many idiots on the roads that never think bike however much lighting a bike has on it, but you got to be honest those neons cars have and the scooter boys have do look a bit silly!

·
Registered
22 Posts
and totally agree with having a pipe with a bit of noise, i have a yoshi rs3 can on my bike lovely tone and like to be heard before in im seen in some cases for safety.

·
Registered
258 Posts
well what if you were bein heard and seen ...i think that would be even better ...... im getting some green eletropods this weekend with some halos :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
LOL no i dont have any of those, I'm looking at getting an Akrapovic exhaust, purely because the one on her is too quiet and I think that in its self could be dangerous. Af for the rest, I would like to keep standard, apart from maybe the rear plate, Might get a tail tidy but that does mean replacing the rear light.

As for the comment about funky lighting being for little boy racers, I think that extra lights on a bike would help us be more easily seen by other road users, not because I want to tear arse about in McDonalds carpark picking up 15yr old girls and pretending Im the DON.

Not that you were insinuating that :)
Yo Animalzilla,

I fitted a Yoshi rs3 exhaust a few weeks ago and only cost £250, half the price of the Akrapovic. You don’t need to change the rear light to tidy up the back end, I modified the existing setup and think it looks great.

This photo was taken before I fitted the new exhaust but shows how I tided up the back. Give me a shout if you want to meet up and have a listen to the exhaust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts