Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking online and saw that you can purchase new headers that will remove the CAT. Is it feasible to purchase those headers along with a slip-on exhaust (which would be cheaper than a full system) and get close to the same performance as the market ones IE. Two brothers or yoshi's? I already have a PcV to help tune it

it will be for a 2008 ZX6R

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Yes within a 1-2 hp depending on the full system you are comparing to.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Full exhaust

i was looking online and saw that you can purchase new headers that will remove the CAT. Is it feasible to purchase those headers along with a slip-on exhaust (which would be cheaper than a full system) and get close to the same performance as the market ones IE. Two brothers or yoshi's? I already have a PcV to help tune it

it will be for a 2008 ZX6R
You should not noticed any difference between headers you find on ebay and headers from companies like yoshi or two bros. The difference comes in if you are buying a full titanium system. That is where the best results are, also the most in cost. The mid pipe link up to the slip "should" be universal, might have to do some finagling at most

·
Registered
121 Posts
Usually 5-10hp and around the same on torque, can you feel that? doubtful, my reason i have a full system on mine is SS headers cool quicker, get rid of that CC(catalytic converter) to allow better flow

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Final question I see there are two different styles of headers four individual straight pipes or two and two with tubing connecting two of the headers together (like the MJS ones) Is there a reason for this and which ones are better. Thank you

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
If you're not eliminating the prechamber you're wasting your time. Our exhausts are made up of three parts :

Header with cat --> prechamber --> muffler.

You can remove the cat material from the header yourself if you have time and patience and tools. You can replace the prechamber with a "link pipe". You can replace the muffler with a "slip on".

Also, it's header. You only have one.

And, a quality full exhaust will still make more power thank your pieced together exhaust and be lighter on top. My full Akra weighs less than 11 pounds.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm not trying to spend 1500 on a full exhaust like the Akrapovic Exhaust System. i was looking at the two brothers full exhaust or piece together my own. I'm looking at the MJS but i don't see them selling a link pipe for my bike

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'm not trying to spend 1500 on a full exhaust like the Akrapovic Exhaust System. i was looking at the two brothers full exhaust or piece together my own. I'm looking at the MJS but i don't see them selling a link pipe for my bike
I am assuming you are talking about the mid-pipe? The pipe that runs from your slip-on to the header? If so, you just use the OEM pipe. Why would you need a "link-pipe"?

Here is what I would suggest;

1) buy slip-on
2) Buy MJS header
3) Send MJS your header for core
4) install everything and tune the bike

·
Registered
332 Posts
The MJS or Pinebox header will link right to the stock mid pipe so there is no need for a "link pipe" that you sometime see in other setups.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
will i need to get a servo buddy to bypass the servo so i do not get the FI code with either the pinebox or two brothers?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts