Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had purchased a used aftermarket fuel pump that seems to be pushing a fire hose when I need a garden hose. I've tried to find out in the service manual how many LPH I need a new fuel pump to have so that I can get the correct one this time but cannot find it. Could someone please tell me? I have a '95
zx6r. That's the only thing stopping me from getting her put back together and on the road. Just need to know the LPH PLEASE

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
One of our members in Australia just went through this drill a few months ago, on a 2013 model..... he posted up detailed instructions on rebuilding the unit, as well as what units would work -- I recall him identifing 3 or 4 models that fell in the right LPH range.

His issue resulted from very poor fuel quality where he lives. Lots of vibration as a result of the pump going out.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
F model?
D model?
E model?
We know it is not a C model-~~~~-no fuel pump

So While I do not know specifically the flow rate off hand, it is quite low, just like the pressure the pump operates at (less than 2psi)........... but I am pretty sure you can look it up in the oem service manual, I believe the information will either be in the fuel section or the electrical section

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.