Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an 05 zx6r, bought it 3 weeks ago running fine with no drivability concerns. One day went to start the bike and it intermittently would not start, and when it did start it would die as soon as I cracked the throttle. Since then its gotten worse, now the bike won't start at all, unless I crank it while the fuel pump is still priming, which it will than start for a second then die. I hooked a fuel pressure gauge to it and im getting about 45 psi during the prime cycle and its holding at 35-40. Not sure what the spec for these bikes are to run but im thinking I have a bad pump. Anyone know what these bikes need to run? Any feedback would be great. Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes consistant with priming every time but I think the pump isn't supplying the volume or creating enough pressure to keep it running, I heard somewhere these bikes need 60 psi??

·
Registered
180 Posts
Download the service manual it's on here for free. Can't recall the pressure. Did u check the lines and make sure there is no clog on lines once I get the accurate pressure try that. Also check the voltage of relay. Make sure there isn't a shortage of voltage going to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery is on the maintainer, I'm assuming its getting power the gauges light up and its consistant with what it usually did, what makes me think the pump is bad is how it will fire if I crank the bike over while the pump is priming, but dies once it starts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Download the manual honestly helps a lot. It gives u steps on how to Check everything. U need a voltmeter to check slot of stuff trust been dealing with a fuel pump issue for a while now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sometimes the relay is bad or fuse is done start small check all the whole fuel system. Plus the pump but use the voltmeter it helps a lot. Also Is ur do light coming on if so pull the codes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts