Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had my two brothers exhaust installed, took her out for a ride yesterday noticed the fuel injection light was on. i called the shop and they tell me i may need a power commander. is this necessary?

what exactly are power commanders and what do they do?

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
553 Posts
No, you don't need a power commander. Under the seat there is an exhaust valve that you need to fix. The kit from two brothers comes with the bracket that you need, all it does is makes the bike think all the oem stuff is still there. It's a simple fix just make sure you put loc-tite on the nut or it will back off! A power commander let's you adjust the amount of fuel sprayed through the injectors at different rpm's! It's a nice thing to have if you want to smooth out your power curve but it's not really necessary unless you have a full system and an aftermarket air filter. On a dyno my bike went from 114.4 to 117.7 with a two brothers slip on and a pcIII.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yep, I have the 2 bros dual as well, the aluminum piece should be in the box with the other stuff. But make sure you hold the big rotating hex as you take out the bolt or you could strip the gears in the motor.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
And trust me... The friggin gears in that sombitch are easy to break. As a matter of luck I have two servo limiters but neither will work because I was a dumbass and stripped the gears. Now I either gotta get a servo eliminator (~$110 USD) or fix the worthless servo to get rid of the damned FI light (~#150 USD). Can you guess which option I will take?

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's just the light that stays on isn't it?

If that's all, i probably wont bother fixing mine. :O

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'm a bogan so I'd probably just rip the bloody LED out

·
Registered
553 Posts
yup, no problem man. Glad you got it all sorted out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts