Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was involved in a collision a few months ago. Finally resolved not at fault and have finally got the bike running and usable.

Whilst riding iv'e noted that the pinch bolts to the clip on bars are not parallel when riding in a straight line.

I have posted in the past that I am not mechanically minded to a great level and this leaves me unsure of what to check!
I need to drop out the forks to see if the stanchions are straight, but what else could be causing my wheel to run out of line with the handlebars? I don't think a Yoke can be bent easily can it?

My bike crashed into a car on the left side at around 12-15 mph.
Fixing the steering is the only mechanical fault left with her so it is really bugging me!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would say you could have easily bent your forks/ triples if you hit a car, but you may want to try this first:

The guy I bought my bike from laid it down going about 10mph and set things all out of whack up front. Did this and was good to go again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSunBRB6-r8

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
in crash way was it a side on job or a run down the side of car if side on then forks would be a bit fubar but if a run down the side it might be worth slackening the yoke bolts and re straighten them,when i have fitted my forks in the past they sometimes are on the piss,take note where they line up when riding in a straight line,what i have done in the past is loosen top yoke bolts and park near a kerb and wack steering in to kerb to re adjust ,it worked for me to straighten them up may sound a bit rough but it did to the trick,it may be possible you might of just twisted yoke out of line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts