Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone NOT changed to a 70 profile front tyre yet?:coocoo
BEST mod i've made on both zx6's ('99 G2 and '03 B1H) was to dump original front tyre and go for a 70 profile instead. WAY WAY more progressive going on to her side now and more grip when you're leant over too. Feel is also improved when cranked right over too.:)
I know some other bikes (R6) have to have their front mudguard/fender modified to prevent increased tyre radius from rubbing away the inside but both my ZX6's were fine!
I though my original tyres were ok on my G2 until i got hold of some 70's and couldn't believe the difference.

JUST DO IT!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done it. Just do it you say?

Hmm.
You telling me you still have a 65 profile front on?!?!?
Next time you're due a replacement, consider going for a 70, you won't regret it!

JUST DO IT! (please)

·
Registered
166 Posts
i good tip i think, is the 70 more a rounded tyre in the middle then compaired to the 65 making it easier to bank over to the side?

·
Registered
127 Posts
mmm… think i may look into that, sounds lik a very good mod!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did anyone adjust their fork height when moving to a 70? I still have a 65 on mine...Heard some drop the forks 5mm... would that be a good idea?
I WAS going to raise my forks thru yokes after fitting 70 front but when i rode it found it was spot on so left it alone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts