Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so just last week I started hearing this clicking noise coming from my front tire... I can only hear it when im either going in 1st gear, very slowly, or neutral moving forward with my feet...

any ideas what this clicking sound might be?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
first thing start with tyer all round mite be nail stone glass,nexy check pads and calipers could have some thing cought up in there next mud gaurd cracks debrie from road,good luck.

·
Registered
842 Posts
did you recently have any work done to it? make sure brake pads in front are seated correctly. check the tension bolts on bottom of forks should be tight. if nothing else maybe take off front tire and check ur axel, and your bearings

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
What they said^
You need to get the wheel of the ground so you can spin it & listen for the click.
You should be able to locate the source easy enough.

·
Registered
842 Posts
do you have a front fork stand? if not a jack will work

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah ill have to use a jack but ill check it out because I want to get this fixed before I sell it

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sell?! :( you gettin rid of it or getting different bike?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately, this bike has been giving me many problems recently... I feel like it let me down... I will look for another zx6r, maybe a newer one

·
Registered
842 Posts
ya problem with older bikes is if they didnt get properly maintained problems arise as soon as the person sells it lol
glad to hear it hasnt deterred you away from kawi's, what model you thinking of? id highly recomend the 03/4, not as pricey as the newer ones, still keeps up in looks and performance imo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts