Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,new to the site just after a bit of info,ive got a 1999 g2 zx6r,now winter is here im looking at moding her,so was wondering if the front forks off a later model will fit straight on or will there be to much involved to do this,im looking at putting some upside downers on it,will any fit off a later model:O any help please

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes it should with little to no work. All you need are the top and lower clamps. Buy the whole front end, brakes and all. Make sure it's from a similar sized bike to not bugger the geometry too much. It's trial and error mate, good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
it will be a lot of work and alot of money.. buy new fill in dampers for yours.. Öhlins os Matrix are realy good.. I Have matrix on mine 1998. really good.

·
Registered
900 Posts
A Maxton Fork Conversion is £250, for that you get the front end matched to you and your riding and it will be absolutely spot on, buy a replacement front end and the spring rates etc will more than likely be well out. I've had the Maxton job done front and back, ride in ride out was £560, try buying front and rear for that, don't think you will, but good luck.

·
Registered
348 Posts
They are right, it would be way easier and cheaper to get your stock suspension rebuilt with better parts. But if it's the up-side down forks look that you want than there is only one way to go, and it's not cheap... good luck

Also try a salvage yard!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts