Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen one in person before... I like to lower my bike when I take it to the drag strip... I got the adjustable lowering links for the back but I can only lower the bike about an inch in the front without serius modification.... I've heard of front end straps but I never seen one... any info on these?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
the front end lowering strap is easy & quick way to lower the front end on any motorcycle, i have one installed on my 636 and works a ton, also you can slide the forks up thru the tripple trees a inch or so to lower the front end some

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i usually lower the front by sliding the forks upp through the trees, but you can only get like an inch and a half out of that... can you send me some pics of your front end strap? and info on were i can get one?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
yea i usually lower the front by sliding the forks upp through the trees, but you can only get like an inch and a half out of that... can you send me some pics of your front end strap? and info on were i can get one?
check around ebay for a strap, you can pic them up for like 20 bucks shiped to you & here is a pic of my bike straped some & lowered in the front :devious

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zx racer you drag race?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yea man, if you need any help sittin that bike up to drag just holla[/QUOT
I just want to lower it hella low when I take it to the track and raise it back up when I ride it on the street, I have the adjustable rear links on there now and I'm ordering the front end strap real soon, I don't want to stretch it just becouse it willl be be too much work to switch back and forth between track setup and street setup. Also have you seen the billet aluminum adjustable kickstand? I'm ordering one as soon as I can afford it.... ps what is your best 1/4 mile et on your 636?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
oh yea man, if you need any help sittin that bike up to drag just holla[/QUOT
I just want to lower it hella low when I take it to the track and raise it back up when I ride it on the street, I have the adjustable rear links on there now and I'm ordering the front end strap real soon, I don't want to stretch it just becouse it willl be be too much work to switch back and forth between track setup and street setup. Also have you seen the billet aluminum adjustable kickstand? I'm ordering one as soon as I can afford it.... ps what is your best 1/4 mile et on your 636?
yea you can use the adjustable lowering links for the back they will work great also use the strap to lower the front end, you dont have to stretch your bike i did because i had a hard time keepin the frontend down and wanted to cut better 60ft's, i have a stock kickstand if you need it to cut when you want ot lower the bike and use the kickstand you got when you street rideing, it be alot cheaper than the billet aluminum kickstand your talkin about, i have my kickstand cut down a inch and works perfect

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn that's pretty good.... I've only drag raced my bike once and I ran a 13.06 at 119 in the 1/4 and at the 1/8 it was an 8.80 at 92 mph... this was at stock hieght,and the bike wheelied like crazy, also I wasn't leaving the whole very hard....I can't wait to see what it does after I slam it and get a pc3.... you got any other tips for me?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Damn that's pretty good.... I've only drag raced my bike once and I ran a 13.06 at 119 in the 1/4 and at the 1/8 it was an 8.80 at 92 mph... this was at stock hieght,and the bike wheelied like crazy, also I wasn't leaving the whole very hard....I can't wait to see what it does after I slam it and get a pc3.... you got any other tips for me?
thx man if i was a light weight it would run faster :devious my goal is to run 6.60 or better in the 1/8 on motor, but your bike is capitable of runnin low 7's or high 6's in the 1/8 easily if you set it up right, you def going in the right direction by lowering the front & back, also a pc with a good tune and change out the 2 tall stacks for 2 short ones, it helps on the top end & thats where i motors like to be, also do the free mods like the airbox mod it consist of you removeing the dirvertor located inside the airbox underneath the filter & KLEEN mod

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thx man if i was a light weight it would run faster :devious my goal is to run 6.60 or better in the 1/8 on motor, but your bike is capitable of runnin low 7's or high 6's in the 1/8 easily if you set it up right, you def going in the right direction by lowering the front & back, also a pc with a good tune and change out the 2 tall stacks for 2 short ones, it helps on the top end & thats where i motors like to be, also do the free mods like the airbox mod it consist of you removeing the dirvertor located inside the airbox underneath the filter & KLEEN mod
How much do you wiegh? I'm around 250....I already have the KLEEN mod and I'm gonna do that diverter thing next chance I get... I guess I need to find some stacks somewhere too....after I slamm it ill be able to get off the line quiker,that 7 up rear sprocket makes the front end real light off the line and in the top of first and second....do you think removing the sec flies will help? When I built the bike and started it for the first time the sec flies were stuck open and it made it run shitty at low rpm...and if you get a chance check out my drag car, I posted pics in the open forum

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
How much do you wiegh? I'm around 250....I already have the KLEEN mod and I'm gonna do that diverter thing next chance I get... I guess I need to find some stacks somewhere too....after I slamm it ill be able to get off the line quiker,that 7 up rear sprocket makes the front end real light off the line and in the top of first and second....do you think removing the sec flies will help? When I built the bike and started it for the first time the sec flies were stuck open and it made it run shitty at low rpm...and if you get a chance check out my drag car, I posted pics in the open forum
i weight around 215 pounds suited, def do the airbox mod & pull the sec flies out, i felt a smoother throttle responce from them out, also that +7 up sprocket helps get you out the whole, i would try going down -1 on the front when you lower it, these 600's love gearing i can tell you that, when i ran my bike swb lowered, i ran 7 teens in the 1/8 easily with a 1.70 60ft, oh & sweet car man what does she run ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i weight around 215 pounds suited, def do the airbox mod & pull the sec flies out, i felt a smoother throttle responce from them out, also that +7 up sprocket helps get you out the whole, i would try going down -1 on the front when you lower it, these 600's love gearing i can tell you that, when i ran my bike swb lowered, i ran 7 teens in the 1/8 easily with a 1.70 60ft, oh & sweet car man what does she run ?
I'm glad to see a fellow drag racer on the site.... some of these guys get mad when they see lowerd kawis... we've only had the car to the track once since finished and it ran a 10 flat in the qaurter... once she's all dialed in she's gonna be capable of low 8s in the qaurter...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow NCrider that thing is super sweet.... what is that a 12 innch stretch? I like it. What kind of numbers have you got out of her?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow NCrider that thing is super sweet.... what is that a 12 innch stretch? I like it. What kind of numbers have you got out of her?
its a 3-9 inch arm. havent carried it back to the track since i put the arm on. but with 4-6 inch extenders i have been a best of [email protected] 1/8 and a 9.80 @136 1/4 with a 1.50 60ft. im about 160lbs. suited

1 - 20 of 36 Posts