Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a zx6r and basically doing a complete front brake rebuild. I have replaced all oil and dust rings in the calipers and also cleaned the pistons up. The calipers are now ok but the lever is still touching handle bar. So I changed all the fluid lines incase there was a leak but still soft brake lever so finally I changed the master cylinder. Since i have done this the lever is abit better but still touches the handle bar. Can anyone else suggest anything. And yes they are fully bled as oil pisses out immediately.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Theirs still air in there. Make sure you are bleeding them correctly. Just because oil is coming out of the bleeder, it doesn’t mean that they are bled. Sometimes it helps if you tap everything with the handle of a screwdriver to get the bubbles to come to the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Depends on what year ZX you have, if you have the 05-06, they have garbage calipers from the factory. The 07-12 calipers are a direct bolt on replacement and provide 100% better brake lever feel.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Theirs still air in there. Make sure you are bleeding them correctly. Just because oil is coming out of the bleeder, it doesn’t mean that they are bled. Sometimes it helps if you tap everything with the handle of a screwdriver to get the bubbles to come to the top.

Ditto.

Do yourself a favour, save your stomach from ulcers and your hair from being pulled out (by you): Go to an auto parts store, or the ethernet, and get yourself a brake bleeder kit. There are ½-million YouTube videos on how to perform such a task. They are not even horribly expensive so all excuses are for naught.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Here is the proper procedure straight from the 2009 Service Manual:

Brake Line Bleeding | 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R

It will be the same for other year models with the exception that some don't have a bleeder by the master cylinder.

if you want to make it really easy, get some speed bleeders: www.speedbleeder.com

·
Registered
13,271 Posts
Run a hose from the bleeder nipple to your brake fluid reservoir. Pump the brake handle really fast for about 5 mins. Dont let the reservoir level get low or else it would start sucking air bubbles back into the system. This should push all air bubbles out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts