Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Well I dropped my 2007 ZX6R a few weeks ago. Damage wasn't too bad, just needed to replace lower fairing. Well I finally got her mint again (or so I thought), took it out of the garage today, and noticed my front brake had no pressure. Upon, inspection, I noticed a super tiny little tear in the line that connects to the throttle box (near handlebar) It's really the only cable around the brake area on the handlebar and goes inside the right fairing. When I pump the brakes, a little bit of fluid seeps out of the cable. My question: can I patch that line with something or does it need to be replaced? If so, can anyone help me out with a OEM part#? Reading the diagrams online is pretty difficult. And also, it looks like it's gunna suck to replace. It connects to the throttle box (looks like it goes inside). Any advise here?

I would REALLY appreciate any help here! Thanks brothers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post a pic soon. It's not the brake line I don't think. Its the other, more flattened out line. I assume the break line is the perfectly round one?

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Are you talking about the throttle cable or the brake hose?

Assuming since you refer to the issue as "no brake pressure" the actual problem here is a tear in one of the OEM rubber brake hoses.

I recommend you just get a nice aftermarket set of braided stainless hoses and install them. Make sure you bleed the system properly with fresh fluid. If you dont know how to do this, I recommend you bring the bike to a professional.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts