Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
8,502 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I too, still see bikes come in without it done, or some that had a staple bridging the gap that burnt away or vibrated to break etc........in affect rendering the "jump" useless and not a jump at all
Falling out one thing, burn't away?
Interesting, either the material used was very thin, had resistance and or the circuit is pulling enough juice to fry the jumper.

Anyone measure the voltage and current draw?

What does the jumper do exactly or what is it bypassing etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
"This bump in top-end power comes courtesy of unlocking the European map that utilizes a more aggressive timing curve. The North American map pulls timing up top for emissions reasons. "

So... if you do this "jumper mod" does that some how unlock the euro timing map on american bikes? Or do you have to remap your bike with a euro map to gain their 6.1 hp at the top which they didn't really clairify in the story?

*****never mind, I found that the ECU's are supposed to be loaded with both American and Euro maps and the jumper mod switches it to the Euro instead of the standard US map.*****

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
"This bump in top-end power comes courtesy of unlocking the European map that utilizes a more aggressive timing curve. The North American map pulls timing up top for emissions reasons. "

So... if you do this "jumper mod" does that some how unlock the euro timing map on american bikes? Or do you have to remap your bike with a euro map to gain their 6.1 hp at the top which they didn't really clairify in the story?

kinda confused on that.
The jumper mod does the work for you, no remapping or other changes needed....

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
did you know that the middle stacks are there for a reason,,cooler running on no.2/3 cylinders,,richer fuel!! stops burning out valves ect.
This is not the reason the middle stacks are longer.... and their length has such a miniscual effect on running temperature you would be hard pressed to be able to measure it.

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
why are they longer then?

longer stacks typically will give more midrange performance while short stacks offer more top end at the expense of midrange and low end........They are merely trying to give you the best of both worlds, or atleast some of both worlds......

The length is not there for cooling that is for sure

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damm, can't believe I skimmed over/read all of that plus the addendum other forum stuff.
I have a new to me 04 I doubt will never see a dyno unless I pull the trigger on a Power Commander.
My thoughts on everything thing said..... Huh lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Damm, can't believe I skimmed over/read all of that plus the addendum other forum stuff.
I have a new to me 04 I doubt will never see a dyno unless I pull the trigger on a Power Commander.
My thoughts on everything thing said..... Huh lol
I see you are new... Welcome to the forum. I just ignore, but some people get pretty irritated at thread revivals. Just a warning!

·
Registered
1 Posts
any rider with any amount of common sense will take everything you read online with a grain a paprika. im pretty sure thats the expression, yeah! definitely the correct expression! just trust me, im on the internet so its gotta be true. right? *believe half of what you see and NONE of what you hear/read.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts