Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this topic has probably been beaten to death but best brand frameslider to get? If i do decide to get them over the Impaktechs Race Rail which ones should i get? R&G, Yoshi, OES, Woodcraft. I know they are more meant for frame but if the bike does tip over which one would protect the plastics more?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The previous threads that have discussed this topic have pretty much come to the conclusion that frame sliders dramatically increase the risk of a fractured frame on these bikes. It's a bummer.... I'd rather have damaged bodywork than a broken frame any day. For me, it's the first track bike I've owned ('09-'12 zx6r) without using frame sliders. In fact, I've got a set of Woodcrafts (my "go to" brand) still unopened that I bought intending to install. I'll make you a great deal - I just need to check with Woodcraft on compatibility with your year.

·
Registered
15,371 Posts
Okay so this topic has probably been beaten to death but best brand frameslider to get? If i do decide to get them over the Impaktechs Race Rail which ones should i get? R&G, Yoshi, OES, Woodcraft. I know they are more meant for frame but if the bike does tip over which one would protect the plastics more?
The further the protection sticks out from the body work, the more protection it offers to the plastics.

The longer that lever arm is, the more likely it is to damage whatever it is bolted to, if it should suffer a shearing force. (sliding impact with something) A cracked frame, or stipped out thread holes are common, if the slider is involved in a crash that goes beyond the design's limits.

Race rails and cages use multiple points of connection to the frame to spread out the force, so it doesn't damage the frame......and protects as much of the body work as possible.

The only way to make sure the plastics are not at risk is to take them off the bike altogether. Everything else is a compromise.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I use motovation frame sliders, they have a low profile and worked great on the two drops I had, damage only to the slider. Been thinking of looking into R&Gs low profile sliders because of the frame break issue. R&G states that they use de-embrittled steel bolts that bend instead of snapping to reduce the impact to the mount points. GB racing also has low profile sliders that have an "aluminum tubular design absorbing impact and distortion".

·
Registered
147 Posts
The further the protection sticks out from the body work, the more protection it offers to the plastics.

The longer that lever arm is, the more likely it is to damage whatever it is bolted to, if it should suffer a shearing force. (sliding impact with something) A cracked frame, or stipped out thread holes are common, if the slider is involved in a crash that goes beyond the design's limits.

Race rails and cages use multiple points of connection to the frame to spread out the force, so it doesn't damage the frame......and protects as much of the body work as possible.

The only way to make sure the plastics are not at risk is to take them off the bike altogether. Everything else is a compromise.
As RJ said is very true.
Also the problem with "Long" Frame Sliders is that as the bike slides the Tires will contact the road and cause a High side. Bodywork will be the least of your worries.
I use WoodCraft Short sliders.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If the bike goes down/tip over your going to have damage to the plastics, it's kinda hard to avoid..

R&G makes nice stuff and the yoshi is good too..

If you do put frame sliders on, don't get your hopes up that it will "save" the plastics...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had oes and one shredded within 20 ft and the other bent, neither side protected my fairings I crashed going maybe 20 and lowsided

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll send you pictures I just turned left from a red light and made it no more than 12 feet maybe it was more but definately not by much

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
My Yoshimura on my Ninja 300 were toast at 42 MPH

The Yoshimura on the ZX6R are better designed, haven't crashed but them plus woodcraft rear spools 100% saved all bodywork and parts like handle bar ends last week when my bike lurched forward on the stand. Looks great too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.