Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got my sliders in from OES im wondering what tools do i need to get the engine bolts off because they seemed pretty tight and the little key that they give isnt gonna do it any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
46 Posts
4mm allen key to remove the left mid fairing, 6mm allen key that fits into your socket wrench for the original engine bolts and a 17mm to fit the replacement bolts. I did mine last night and it took me about 40min.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably should use some other allen keys beside the ones that came with the bike because they seem flimsy

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
after alot of tugging i got it off using an allen key and a wench as leverage

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
too late i already stripped the right side bolt got the left one on though i thought the right would be easy since i didnt have to take off the fairing so i got a mechanic thats gonna get the right side loose for me now

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just get a dead bolt/nut remover and give it a good yank instead of going to a mechanic (if it's not free).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so just get the dead bolt remover and connect to my torque wrench that will do the job because it isnt free how much are the dead bolt removers what size would it be for the right side so i can by it single if possible thanks for the help

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have read about a bunch of people having trouble with this bolt to install frame sliders.

Well, I was no exception. I had a set of the nice Sears Allen head sockets. And of course the bolt stripped inside.

Luckily, My wife had got me a set of the damaged bolt removers from Sears also. SWEEEEEEEEEET!, Worked like a charm!

The size was the biggest one in the set. There are 5 of them in the set I think. I think the second biggest one would have worked also.

This is from the website: #9 Bolt-Out™ remover fits Hex sizes 9/16 in. and 14mm
#10 Bolt-Out™ remover fits Hex sizes 5/8 in and 16mm

The whole set is only $20. It was worth every penny today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts