·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bike's an 01 so that site doesn't really help but thanks anyway.

Also, note i am looking to spend as little as possible, but not waste my money.

Those ones on ebay are High-Density Delrin and replace a fairing bolt. Are the no cut ones worth it? That material good? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have shoguns and they suck. I would not buy them again.

I should have gotten the woodcraft as I have seen them handle some serious crashes and hold up. I have seen bikes fall over with shoguns and not fair to well and I have also seen minor low sides where the shoguns folds.

I would rather do some minor cutting as opposed to save some time with no cuts they do not work for shit.

Spend a little bit more now or spend allot later if your bike falls or you go down. The choice is yours.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=12746

·
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have gotten the woodcraft as I have seen them handle some serious crashes and hold up. I have seen bikes fall over with shoguns and not fair to well and I have also seen minor low sides where the shoguns folds.

I would rather do some minor cutting as opposed to save some time with no cuts they do not work for shit.

Spend a little bit more now or spend allot later if your bike falls or you go down. The choice is yours.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=12746
exactly the info i was looking for. Thanks!

only thing is they don't have any listed for 01 saki's. U know of anywhere i could find em?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would email woodcraft and ask them if they have some that will fit.

If not try SATO or LSL as they are quality products as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I had cheapo no cut crash mushrooms on my '99 G2, dropped it and they were CRAP! The fairing cracked and took the sliders straight off. Total waste of money.
Now spent money on some R+G ones for my B1H at £54.00 but worth every penny. Seen some impressive results with these baby's fitted. Not my bike though!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I had cheapo no cut crash mushrooms on my '99 G2, dropped it and they were CRAP! The fairing cracked and took the sliders straight off. Total waste of money.
+1^
These "no cut" Ive got will NOT hold up if the bike goes over.
http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/cf fs zx6r 98-02.htm
TOTAL wast of funds.
Even if they were solid enough to take a fall and not get crushed, they
would break the body plastic around the hole.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love R&G's, and have them on my daytona. They don't make round sliders for my 07 so after doing a little searching I went with OES. Sliders and spools shipped to the house for under 90 bucks is pretty sweet but what really sold me was that the company is run by two track day coachs. The bracket for the no cut side is as thick as it can be to fit under the fairing. They look very beefy compared to lightings which I have seen break.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the Shoguns and they are fine. Had an oops the first week I had the bike (faulty neutral switch and I tried to start the bike - whoosh). Fell on the sliders, minor scuff on the slider, not a scratch anywhere on the bike... Worked fine!!!! Installed in 10 minutes - had a little trouble getting the right side frame bolt off, but prevailed!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I've got Oggy Knobs on the 6R and R&G on the ER6n. They are both VERY hardcore products (I swear, the R&G are like 8 inches long easily). Haven't had to try either out, yet. Would never buy sliders off eBay, aluminum ones or no cut. If you cut corners you can't expect them to do their jobs as well as others, if no cut had the same protection level other companies wouldn't bother making cut sliders. They aren't there to look pretty, they're there to do their job.

Anyways, you gotta remember these things are made to protect the frame, not your fairings.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thanks for quick reply guys.

I used a breaker bar but i broke the damn alan wrench, I'll try heat and or impact wrench next.

Anyone with the "no cut" shogun sliders on a 07 zx6r know why the motor mount bolt on the right side looks much wider than the bolt shogun gives ya?

Also, What the hell is that castle nut on there for?

I'm worried this may cause play in the engine and frame and cause problems down the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah the bolt sizes are diff. and the nut??? just use thread lock and make sure you use the right torque setting. I would go sears or harbor freight and get a set of alan socket set. they will save you a lot of time and aggravation

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for quick reply guys.

I used a breaker bar but i broke the damn alan wrench, I'll try heat and or impact wrench next.

Anyone with the "no cut" shogun sliders on a 07 zx6r know why the motor mount bolt on the right side looks much wider than the bolt shogun gives ya?

Also, What the hell is that castle nut on there for?

I'm worried this may cause play in the engine and frame and cause problems down the road.
Heat will help and sears has some solid allens that fit on 3/8 drive.

As for the bolts do not stress the one that come with good sliders work fine and the castle nut is what does most of the holding so do not worry about the engine play.

As stated make sure to torque them to the proper setting and use locktite.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Anybody know the proper torque value for the engine mount bolts for my bike? I need to invest in a service manual I think cuz the dealers around here won't just give out that kind of information with out gettin $ out of the deal.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i just ordered the frame sliders from woodcraft i'll post pics of them when they arrive

1 - 20 of 24 Posts