Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always measured oil height with forks collapsed, no springs and everything I have read/seen has always done it that way.
Mark
yep thanks just wanted to double check! Did it on autopilot last night and wanted to confirm. Honestly with the right tools it’s a really simple task. I got done and thought I’d missed a step.
( I did the Dave Moss, dump and fill last year so forks had 3 track day on old fluid. Fork came apart and cleaned up super quick.) it’s not worth the half assed job for how quick the proper job is.)

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
yes, always with springs out

and yes to properly change the fluid it takes within minutes as long as actually pulling them apart and changing seals and bushings too

many bikes can be done in sub 2 hours start to finish (ride it on to a lift... ride it off with all new stuff)

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
Knowledge
yes, always with springs out

and yes to properly change the fluid it takes within minutes as long as actually pulling them apart and changing seals and bushings too

many bikes can be done in sub 2 hours start to finish (ride it on to a lift... ride it off with all new stuff)
Dude what’s the longest drift you have? And where did you get it?

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Knowledge

Dude what’s the longest drift you have? And where did you get it?
I just moved my tool boxes and two of the lifts, so I cannot look at the brand tonight, but I have one that is 18", another that is 24" and the longest is either 32" or 36"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts